Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #1

Boondocking

Anyone been to Lone Pine Ca for boondocking wife and are thinking about going have sandpiper 40 ft 5th wheel think it will work?
Rockin-DD-Rodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
Paul & Sheri

If you want to boondock, you'll need electricity: several batteries or a way to re-charge, conserve use, use Led's, learn to conserve water and waste water: quick showers.

Depending on how long you boondock, you'll need to replenish water and dump so check ahead. Many municipalities have RV dumping stations with fresh water.

Think it through, plan ahead and you'll be fine.
2004 T@B T-16
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #3

Boondocking is the only camping I ever do. I have a toy hauler that has a 106 gallons of fresh water and I have a built in Onan generator. When it comes to my tanks we never have had a problem with the black get to full but the grey will and I will just let it trickle out we are out in the middle of no where and the grey water isn't hurting any thing. I am sure some one doesn't agree with that but it's what we have to do. If I had a full hook up spot I wouldn't know what to do.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
Wanderluster

We love Lone Pine! After you head into the Alabama Hills BLM area, there are numerous places for boondocking. BLM has the Tuttle Creek campground for a great dry camping location too.

Here is an information link... Tuttle Creek Campground

Brian & Margie
www.rv-camping.org
OffPavement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #5

Lone Pine (if you like the desert) is great, especially if you bring along toys like quads, dirt bikes etc. I have spent a lot of time there my brother in law married a girl from there Piute Indian actually they were in a double wedding with me and the wife 41 years ago and both couples are still together and doing great. (you'll be on the Indian reservation). 40' rig is no problem your in wide open spaces. If you want to hit another nice place with trees there is a camp ground at Lake Isabella on the North side of the lake or you can just drop down off the road by the lake on the South side. Tuttle Creek Campground is good as OffPavement said.

Enjoy

Dale and Terri
26' Wildwood TT, Tundra TRD Offroad TV.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote