Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #1

Boondocking in Eastern KY.

Hey guys and gals I have some questions for you all! I would like to start boondocking as sometimes we tire of the "parking lot" feeling of some campgrounds. My first question is where do you all usually go to boondock? Does anyone know of places in Eastern KY where we could even do it? We have many state parks but they all have developed campsites with the closest to boondocking being a dry camp site. I guess maybe I'm a bit jealous of our members from the western U.S. where is "seems" like you just drive to the beautiful location of your choice, pull of the road, and set up camp. Hopefully someone can tell me this is not the case so I don't have to be so bitter
Gizmo0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo0706 View Post
Hey guys and gals I have some questions for you all! I would like to start boondocking as sometimes we tire of the "parking lot" feeling of some campgrounds. My first question is where do you all usually go to boondock? Does anyone know of places in Eastern KY where we could even do it? We have many state parks but they all have developed campsites with the closest to boondocking being a dry camp site. I guess maybe I'm a bit jealous of our members from the western U.S. where is "seems" like you just drive to the beautiful location of your choice, pull of the road, and set up camp. Hopefully someone can tell me this is not the case so I don't have to be so bitter
Don't have any firsthand info but suggest you google Corps of Engineer Campgrounds and National Forest Campgrounds. I've stayed in some of these and you may find something which meets you're needs. Good luck.
Jimtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #3

Hey gizmo aren't we already boondocking?... Lol after all it is eastern ky.
Chip2830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip2830 View Post
Hey gizmo aren't we already boondocking?... Lol after all it is eastern ky.
That's true, I'm sure most of America's idea of boondocking is how we live everyday! Or at least that seems to be the stereotype.
Gizmo0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #5

That's right 👍
Chip2830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #6

Try this web-site for starters. Not too many for KY. There are more out there, butt this has plenty to start with.

2005 Ford F150 5.4
2011 Salem 21FBS
greenliner is offline   Reply With Quote