Old 12-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #31
Why not add a second propane detector for redundancy and test them at whatever interval makes you feel comfortable? You should be able to get a small propane bottle that has a torch fitting on it and just shoot a little propane toward the detector to know if it is working. Not sure how sensitive they are- but you might even be able to run this test with a standard cigarette lighter. Also, I'd like to add that if you do go the generator route Champion does make inverter generators that are very quiet- similar to the Honda and Yamaha models. They are about half the price, though, IIRC.

dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:10 PM   #32
I bought an on-demand tankless hot water heater and installed it on the rear of my TT. It has more hot water than my propane powered one did. A friend of mind is a plumber, and he took the water heater out of the system, so if the day ever comes when I want to sell or trade I can hook it back up. I, so I need the generator to run it. Not a big deal to me.
I plan to go solar this year and will replace the fridge as well for one that is AC powered. My reasons for changing aren't the same as yours, but it can be done.

Moved from a 2,000 SF home into a 2014 Puma, about 260 SF. On two acres. We brought in power, water, and installed septic system. We've been here a year now, my wife, myself, and an 80lb female Weim named Daisy. We can barely see our nearest neighbor, one of two.
Sirwriter is offline   Reply With Quote