Originally Posted by jlfoss1
I recently bought the Sunseeker 2860 and am planning my first dry camping trip (a concert venue). We will be without electric plug in and water for 5 days.
1. I plan to find a place to fill my fresh water tank closer to the venue, do most dump stations also have potable water?
2. Does my outside Advent fridge only run when I am plugged in to an electrical outlet?
3. silly question- has anyone every counted how many showers you can get out of the 44 gallon fresh water tank?
4. if I happen to have fresh water left over do I really need to wait to go to a dump station, can I just drain it on the ground? we plan to use the black tank as minimally as possible so I don't anticipate that getting full
5. when using the fantastic fan where does that get it's power?
I appreciate any advice you can give me for my first time. I am excited to learn the art of dry camping because I anticipate a lot more of it!
1.yes, and, We have found that you can stop by most state parks that have campgrounds and use their dump station for the daily vehicle admittance fee. Here in Michigan ( and most likely in your home state too) if you have a annual vehicle state park pass, you can use the dump stations free of charge. Just ask.
2, have no idea, We have a MBS 2400WS
3. Learn to conserve, fill the bathroom sink half full with warm water, sponge bathe, and then jump in the shower to rinse off. Use this method especially when washing hair. You will also find that you can go through that 44 gallon tank of fresh water without filling your grey water tank so get a Coleman 5 gallon collapsible water jug. Since it is a concert venue, there will be potable water to be had somewhere on site. Use the jug to retrieve 10 gallons or so. Check and see, they may even have a Honey Dipper come around and empty holding tanks for a small fee. This is what we do when dry camping for extended periods of time.
4. I always carry some fresh water when we travel and make sure I have 1/3 tank when I start out. As far as the black water goes, I never empty until I have at least 2/3 tank full. You need that water pressure to push that poop.
5. Sorry don't know what a fantastic fan is. Please enlighten those of us who have never been in your vehicle.