Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2016, 07:14 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Butch Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Liberty, NC
Posts: 292
You could buy one almost like a Honda.........or a Honda ! Should tell you something .
__________________

__________________
Butch Wilson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:01 AM   #22
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 72
You could spend $2,000 on a honda that is heavier and only marginally quieter and much more likely to be stolen, or less than 800 on a champion that will pull the same load but be slightly louder at idle and the same at full tilt (which is where they will all run with your ac going).

I had a honda Eu2000i before the champion, sold it for 800 and bought the champion rather than spend an additional 800 + the parallel kit for another Eu2000i to get the same usage, and the single generator uses less fuel than paralleled Hondas, which together are louder when both running full steam. It's your money, and if you're just recreational camping, save the money for other camping gadgets.
__________________

__________________
coolzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:07 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
BendOrLarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolzzy View Post
You could spend $2,000 on a honda that is heavier and only marginally quieter and much more likely to be stolen, or less than 800 on a champion that will pull the same load but be slightly louder at idle and the same at full tilt (which is where they will all run with your ac going).

I had a honda Eu2000i before the champion, sold it for 800 and bought the champion rather than spend an additional 800 + the parallel kit for another Eu2000i to get the same usage, and the single generator uses less fuel than paralleled Hondas, which together are louder when both running full steam. It's your money, and if you're just recreational camping, save the money for other camping gadgets.
Yup!! Some people just like to waste money and be able to satisfy their status fix I guess.
__________________
2009 Sunseeker 2860DS
Bulldog keyless entry
Firestone airbags
Airlift remote compressor system
Ultragauge EM Plus OBDII monitor
BendOrLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:32 PM   #24
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Some people just like the reliability of a Honda, or two....
__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:25 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by captpaul View Post
Want to get a gen. for our 2304KS Rockwood when we take our trip out west this June. Thinking about Champion 3100 remote start, or twin 2000 Champs. Anyone have one of these or input about this choice. It's mainly about the amount of use for the money, or I would probably get the Yamaha 2400 or Honda 3000.
have 2 champion 2000w inverter generators. I have used them paralled non stop for an entire weekend in July. I have taken a single generator to numerous Boondock camping sties. When in Rocky Mountain NP, we were next to a camper running a Honda. You couldn't tell the difference in sound level, but mine cost half as much.

I bought mine from Cablea's using a combination of sales and coupons. I have $950 invested in mine including the parallel kit.

I am sure the Honda's are nice, but are they twice as nice... probably not
__________________
2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4l with 2015 Sandpiper 25RLS
Wife, myself and 2 furry kids
Mountndream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:34 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
BendOrLarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Some people just like the reliability of a Honda, or two....
I had a Honda 2000IU it died I bought a Champion 3100, it's still going strong and your point is???
__________________
2009 Sunseeker 2860DS
Bulldog keyless entry
Firestone airbags
Airlift remote compressor system
Ultragauge EM Plus OBDII monitor
BendOrLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:38 PM   #27
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
You don't want to hear it

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:11 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Butch Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Liberty, NC
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendOrLarry View Post
Yup!! Some people just like to waste money and be able to satisfy their status fix I guess.
You sound like a guy that buys cheap china knock offs then complains about quality !
__________________
Butch Wilson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:53 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Too Tall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 813
After the meltdown, Honda's are made in Taiwan now.????????? Hope they brought their quality from Japan.
__________________
Rockwood 2104S, 2014 Ram 2500 Diesel.
USMC 68 -70
Too Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:09 PM   #30
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
So, there's just as many 'fumble fingers' here!
__________________

__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
generator

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.