Old 01-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #51

Sorry guys, but I have to chuckle just a bit.
We are talking boondocking, and it seems everyone wants the air conditoner running, the tv on, and a hundred other power-consuming conveniences.
And then we have the need for a tote tank to empty the black water tank, but empty it where?
When we boondock, we live without air conditioning, build an outhouse in the bush (away from streams of course), and do our cooking outside.
We boondock to enjoy nature, not to sit inside an air-conditioned camper watching television!

Old 01-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
We are talking boondocking, and it seems everyone wants the air conditoner running, the tv on, and a hundred other power-consuming conveniences.
And then we have the need for a tote tank to empty the black water tank, but empty it where?
When we boondock, we live without air conditioning, build an outhouse in the bush (away from streams of course), and do our cooking outside.
We boondock to enjoy nature, not to sit inside an air-conditioned camper watching television!

Is that what boon docking is about? Well , count me out. I bought a RV with all the conveniences, to use them.

2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #53
Go Pak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
I'm with you. There is no comparison between boondocking and living off the grid. If I hear boondocking the last thing I think of is A/C, Microwave, Hair driers, etc.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #54
Site Team - Lou

Again, semantics.

The campground I use has a dump station, fresh water bibs, and a single (but large) shower house a few blocks away. Just nothing to the camping sites and we stay for months, not days.

Sorry to have "blended" and offended.

The mechanics of camping by pulling into a section of woods or grass is similar and so setting up the camper is pretty much the same. When it comes time for air conditioning it is time to head north....

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken
This has more to do with CRT camping like a dirt track races across the country not true boon docking. If that was the case we wouldn't be on a Travel Trailer site. HAHA, it's just the terminology
Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769
Again, semantics.

The campground I use has a dump station, fresh water bibs, and a single (but large) shower house a few blocks away. Just nothing to the camping sites and we stay for months, not days.

Sorry to have "blended" and offended.

The mechanics of camping by pulling into a section of woods or grass is similar and so setting up the camper is pretty much the same. When it comes time for air conditioning it is time to head north....
I am tracking with you Herk mine is more for all the Dirt Track races we attend we talking the same it's just someone's comment If I wanted to sleep in the woods I wouldn't be on a computer or talking on a Camper site. We didn't call it boon docking someone else did your right I'm with you.