Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2014, 07:03 PM   #21

This is a newbie question we have a 2015 26 RR will the solar system install. So do we need anything other than solar panels such as extra battery inverter whatever that is. We know nothing about setting up the solar system or what it takes
butterfly6842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:43 AM   #22

373 QSI

Just had our system installed:
4 panels, 175 Watts each, 4 220 Amp golf cart batteries, 3,000 watt inverter, I love this thing already. Monitored to keep an eye on charging and input, and draw. Amazing system. Brian Boone did the install. Great guy. He is on Facebook, under "Got solar?"Will post pictures soon.
Click image for larger version

Name:	full tilt solar array.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	153659

Name:	Aims 3000 watt inverter.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	153660

Name:	Battery Bank.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	153661
hankpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:27 AM   #23

Hi,

I have a 2014 Silverback 33RL with 600 watts of Renogy panels on the roof.

I did two months at Quartzite last year with 300 non tiltable watts, and used the Honda 2000 more than I liked. So I doubled the panels last month to avoid having to get up on the roof -- at not much more cost than two decent pairs of tilt brackets.

My use is probably higher than many folks though. LEDs everywhere, but we watch an hour or more of news each evening, plus a couple of hours of TiVo programming -- both devices powered by a 1000 watt pure sine inverter that itself saps more than a few amps. Add my wife's sewing machine draw, and I can pull down my T-105s quite a bit.

But I love the flexibility I have with solar, and I think that is a huge asset while in the road.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar