Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2018, 02:51 PM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2504 View Post
Looking at the diagram posted by 5picker I am surprised to see how simple it is. I thought that there had to be some way for the 2 generators to communicate so the phase of the output would be the same. How then is that accomplished? Jay
The second generator detects the phase output by the first generator and matches it.
2014 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WTBS (broken and TOTALED)
2008 Surveyor SV-234 (SOLD, but not forgotten)
2016 GMC Sierra SLT 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
smithmdsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:53 PM   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithmdsmith View Post
The second generator detects the phase output by the first generator and matches it.
Let me be clear that this is my assumption based only on observation.
2014 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WTBS (broken and TOTALED)
2008 Surveyor SV-234 (SOLD, but not forgotten)
2016 GMC Sierra SLT 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
smithmdsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:29 PM   #203

[QUOTE=TitanMike;1972372]Just a note on this these Champion Inverter/generators, the Parallel Kit for their 3400/3500 watt units has a 50 amp receptacle for those who have larger trailers and want to run both AC's at the same time along with the usual accessory use when off the grid.

This is a great price for a great inverter/generator. After over a year of use on mine it starts almost immediately with no lengthy cranking and nice and quiet. For those who find themselves in close quarters but still need to run a generator, there is an exhaust extension that makes the use of a 'Gen-turi' exhaust possible. My dog groomer uses a similar setup in her mobile grooming trailer and it routes what little exhaust noise there is up and above, along with any noxious gases. Her setup is quieter than most dishwashers I've encountered.

Thanks do you have a link for the exhaust extension? I leave mine in the back of my truck sometimes. That might be a great addition.

Tank
Tankmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:20 AM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankmaster View Post
Thanks do you have a link for the exhaust extension? I leave mine in the back of my truck sometimes. That might be a great addition.

Tank
this should get you started.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Gen-Tur.../dp/B000BUU5XG
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:27 AM   #205

I run a pair of predators. Can run AC. They work great. We keep the oil changed a ND service the units often. No problem after two seasons and 25 hours of use. COSTCO has the Yamaha for 399.00 this month.
jshenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD View Post
Thanks I appreciate the info.

Tank
Tankmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:45 AM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankmaster View Post

Tank
You will need this extension to attach to the generator and then attach the Gen-turi "stack" to it.

https://www.amazon.com/Valley-Replac...N0WZ3Q61NR1RWR

The Gen-turi will need some vertical support but it shouldn't be too hard to improvise a "Tripod" or even support it by attaching to a ladder. Because the Gen-turi by design sucks in some cool air along with the hot exhaust, the "stack" runs relatively cool so no extensive insulation is required if braced by an RV Ladder etc. A stiff pipe support bracket from a hardware store can be used, even "plumber's tape" (the metal stuff with lots of holes).

At ground level the "pop-pop-pop-pop" of the single cylinder exhaust is reduced to nothing and now all you hear is the mechanical noise that remains from the engine which is pretty much suppressed by the enclosure. Fumes are dissipated above the RV(s) where any breeze carries it away.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:52 PM   #208

I ordered the Firman 3000 watt inverter with rv plug from electric generators direct. $559 American company with Kohler motor. Check out the reviews. Comes in Monday can't wait
redskins2856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:33 AM   #209
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins2856 View Post
I ordered the Firman 3000 watt inverter with rv plug from electric generators direct. $559 American company with Kohler motor. Check out the reviews. Comes in Monday can't wait
Electric Generators Direct website shows them for $699.
How did you get yours for so much less, from them?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:27 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Electric Generators Direct website shows them for $699.
How did you get yours for so much less, from them?
It was on cyber monday
Old 12-01-2018, 01:44 PM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbourbon View Post
I’ve been doing lots of research on this to ensure I can run the AC, etc. I narrowed it down to three inverter/generators: firman 3200w, champion 4000w and the predator 3500w. They are all similar price points and can run the electronics cleanly, but the Predator is much quieter. I passed by one running at a campsite two weeks ago, and it was as quiet or quieter than a Honda. The Firman and Champion sound like rattlecans by comparison, but I only heard these on YouTube videos. You can get any of these for under $700. The other thing to consider is fuel consumption, and these are all among the best I found for efficiency.
I have run the predator 2000 paired together for the years with no problems. They are quiet. Recently COSTCO put the Yamaha 2000 on sale for 399.00. They are also very quiet and come with the pairing kit.
jshenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:32 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshenry View Post
I have run the predator 2000 paired together for the years with no problems. They are quiet. Recently COSTCO put the Yamaha 2000 on sale for 399.00. They are also very quiet and come with the pairing kit.
It's not a Yamaha.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:05 PM   #213

Yesterday i purchased a Honda 2200 from Northern tools.

They included a $200 gift card with the generator which brings the price to $800.

Sort of felt we would need it next year.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:35 PM   #214
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshenry View Post
Recently COSTCO put the Yamaha 2000 on sale for 399.00. They are also very quiet and come with the pairing kit.
As was said, it is NOT a Yamaha generator.
Costco has carried two Chinese-made 2000w inverter generators, that have Yamaha engines.
One is a Smarter Tools Chinese-made generator with a Yamaha engine and the other is an Ai-Power Chinese-made generator with a Yamaha engine.
Smarter Tools is red, Ai-Power is blue.
Both have clearly marked on the box "POWERED by Yamaha".
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:05 PM   #215

Quote:
Well not entirely true , Firman is a wholly owed subsidiary of sinonach company , been building generators for 17 yrs but just started in 2015 building in the USA . they have built generators for Kohler but they do not use kohler engines they are Firman engines .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:08 PM   #216

Quote:
Didn't see anywhere where it said it was a kohler engine. Just said Firman engine, which usually means Chinese.
KirkT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:40 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
Well not entirely true , Firman is a wholly owed subsidiary of sinonach company , been building generators for 17 yrs but just started in 2015 building in the USA . they have built generators for Kohler but they do not use kohler engines they are Firman engines .
My mistake I was looking at a guys you tube video and he said Kohler [emoji53]
Old 12-02-2018, 02:25 PM   #218

Quote:
My mistake I was looking at a guys you tube video and he said Kohler [emoji53]
No problem , gotta be accurate around here as you'll get pounded by some for not being precise . just trying to save you from the know it alls
Old 12-02-2018, 07:58 PM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
No problem , gotta be accurate around here as you'll get pounded by some for not being precise . just trying to save you from the know it alls
Lol Mr M.
Calling some one a know it all for simply wanting to clarify something is a stretch. Big difference between a kohler and Chinese.
What's funny about this thread is you are the one that made the know it all statement. Giving the history of Firman gen sets and all. Then you accuse pounding when none took place, oh except when you just did it.
You are the only one guilty of the claimes you made and don't even realize it.
You win the forum comment of the day.
KirkT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:15 AM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkT View Post
Lol Mr M.
Calling some one a know it all for simply wanting to clarify something is a stretch. Big difference between a kohler and Chinese.
What's funny about this thread is you are the one that made the know it all statement. Giving the history of Firman gen sets and all. Then you accuse pounding when none took place, oh except when you just did it.
You are the only one guilty of the claimes you made and don't even realize it.
You win the forum comment of the day.
and i mentioned that because of posts like yours

Tags
generator