Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2016, 07:41 PM   #1

12 volt lights inside 2016 clipper

Has anyone had to replace a light in their coachmen clipper yet? My light over the dinette only lights half the led strip ?
old hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:36 PM   #2

Yours must a bit different than ours. Ours has a small round light that puts out plenty of light the problem with ours is the light from the side is blinding if you look toward the table. Gotta make some kinda shade.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:08 PM   #3

My 12 volt lights are all the same,just an oval light with on off switch.I popped the cover off and it has a led strip in it and this one is only half lit.Light wise it is still enough but figured I better find a replacement before no light at all.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:35 PM   #4

What you have is a circuit board with multiple LED lamps. ALL the lamps in one circuit board are wired in one circuit IF some . of the lamps are not lighting I would say a connection to the dark lamps has been broken.

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 10:08 PM   #5

Thurman thanks for the response I will ask a dealer near me about it. They are real close but when I bought my unit it was from 80 miles away.The local dealers had nothing small around here. We have a 16 fb coachmen clipper.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:31 PM   #6

Clipper 17RD lights

I have a 2015 Clipper 17RD my lights inside are like yours; LEDs on a circuit board. I had one set of lights needed to be replaced. My dealer had to order them I installed them my self as I did not want to have to drop off the camper and wait on a dealer. Very simple install two wires, two wire connectors. Mine were a warranty item I would expect yours are too
Scottdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:40 AM   #7

Have a 2016 Clipper 17BH and had to replace the light above the bottom bunk and above the double bed. Just couldn't turn them on. Cheap lights and when you pushed on the circle "on/off" no connection was made. Fortunately this was discovered during our walk through and the dealer just ordered replacements, along with a couple of other things. They are bright, but we use battery operated candles at night.
stellaandspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:10 PM   #8

Thanks for the replies, I will see if they may just send me a strip and I can put it in.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:13 AM   #9

It would be nice to know where you can buy replacements for these Clipper lights? Does anyone know where to order them from? What brand are they, do they have a name on the lights?
mtnman
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:15 AM   #10

Would be nice to know where to get replacements. I did notice on the later 2016 Clippers (mine was an early version) that they were replaced with lights that actually have an on/off switch. Also a better mattress, grrrrr.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:19 AM   #11

stellaandspike,
You are right about the mattress. We just bought this Clipper 17FQ and we just knew that the mattress would be the first thing we had to replace but it is going to stay. It is a pretty nice sleeper!
mtnman
Old 09-12-2016, 07:33 AM   #12

We looked at both the earlier 2016s and the later version. Weren't nuts about the pattern of the cushions on the later ones. Should have just switched the damn cushions. But, got a good deal and love it. Got a foam topper for the mattress and a nicely cushioned mattress pad. Not bad, but on my list for replacement next year.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:32 PM   #13

When we bought ours part of the deal was they swap the mattress from our trade-in... we had just bought a really nice mattress and we were not letting it go. It was the only thing in that R-Pod that did not give trouble.

As for the lights I fitted push buttons so it is easier to turn the stupid lights on and off. Such a dumb design IMHO.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:51 AM   #14

Ky-N,
You must have had a lot of problems with your R-Pod? We thought about an R-Pod but never did go look at them. We really like this Clipper 17FQ.
mtnman
Old 09-13-2016, 06:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
Ky-N,
You must have had a lot of problems with your R-Pod? We thought about an R-Pod but never did go look at them. We really like this Clipper 17FQ.
mtnman
Let me name a few:
1. Refrigerator would not cool no matter what.
2. Water heater would fail to ignite then it would go boom when it finally did light, it blew in my face is how we discovered it was doing it. Used it only on electric after that.
3. AC cooled sometimes, sometimes not. Never could figure out why although it could have been the breaker.
4. Power panel breakers failing one at a time. Fix one think all was good and then another would fail. Two of which were good ole double pole style of breaker that could not be found since one side was 30 amp and the other 20 amp. Ended up making my own. That was a fun thing to do 3000 miles from home with nothing but a few hand tools in 103 degree heat.
5. And then the assorted little nit pickin issues that never seemed to end.

Yeah we had problems that went away when it did as soon as we got back from our trip to Yellowstone last year.

For just SWMBO, our 4 footed fur faced child and myself, the 17FQ is just a much better in layout, storage space and most of all the bed and bath you can actually get in and out of.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:48 PM   #16

on our 2015 17FQ, 2 of my interior push on lights don't work, can anyone tell me how to remove or repair them . I can't see any way to remove the lenses.
Thank you
rwilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 02:44 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilkie View Post
on our 2015 17FQ, 2 of my interior push on lights don't work, can anyone tell me how to remove or repair them . I can't see any way to remove the lenses.
Thank you
rwilkie, the thread you posted in, is over 4 years old. I suggest you send a PM to the member you want an answer from.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt, light