Old 05-13-2015, 11:46 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganjoe View Post
We picked ours up a couple weeks ago.. We are still gathering equipment as this is our first camper.. We hope to ready and out camping the second week in June..

Joe
Congrats Joe. We just took ours out for a 3 day adventure in the Mojave Desert in So Cal, this was our first outing with the TT. It was great. I purchased a generator, but really did not need to use it this time. I also have a 80w solar panel that came with the trailer, and that kept the battery topped off pretty well. I also put in the drawer like La Plata View (Barry) did, and that made the day for my wife.

Found that the TT has more storage than I thought, specially for shorter trips. We did add a 3" memory foam mattress topper, and that really made the bed comfortable. So our first experience camping with the TT was great and just what I expected. BTW, we were dry camping.

bigjoey38, looks like around 12 MPG pulling the trailer. We were loaded up including my Honda 450 offroad bike and all my riding gear in the back of the truck ('07 GMC Sierra extra cab, 5.3 V8), plus extra 10 gal water, 5 gallon gas and 80lbs generator. Also, not much flat towing and kept the top speed at 60MPH.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:54 PM   #52

If you put a deposit down and change your mind you got your deposit back

Old 05-13-2015, 07:15 PM   #53

Should have said can you get your deposit back
Old 05-14-2015, 08:14 AM   #54

I would think so unless you special ordered it. In WI it's a law, you have I believe 3 days to return an item if you don't like it..my dealer told me if I changed my mind I wouldn't have to take it. Could depend on the dealer too..call them..
Old 05-14-2015, 01:40 PM   #55

Thanks as I gave the dealer my card number for a deposit and the deposit has not been withdrawn unless they are waiting until I show. Up to see the camper since it's in another state.it's not a 17 FQ but my primary chiice, I am working on getting numbers on the FQ
Old 05-14-2015, 04:32 PM   #56

Just an FYI.. We paid $12,500.00 for our 2016 17FQ.. Plus tax and tags.. Nothing else was added on top of that.. Our dealer is selling them as fast as they get them in so not a whole lot of room for negotiation.. We are happy and the dealer seems to be very helpful..

meganjoe
Old 05-14-2015, 07:22 PM   #57

Thanks Joe for the info. I am looking at a used 2014 in greAt shape. I just got the call and I was approved so here I have to decided. I was also approved for a trailmanor mini 19rD. Smaller but I like it too....so confused
Old 07-27-2015, 03:52 PM   #58

Changing out Tires on Clipper 17FQ

My husband and I flipped the axel and put 15 inch tires and wheels on our trailer. We absolutely love it. No worries about dragging and it pulls great.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:40 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizelisa View Post
My husband and I flipped the axel and put 15 inch tires and wheels on our trailer. We absolutely love it. No worries about dragging and it pulls great.
Do you have any pictures? Did you have a shop do the work?

I've been thinking of doing the same because of some of the places I like to take the trailer.

Thanks
Phil
Old 07-28-2015, 08:56 AM   #60

We had a shop weld new spring perches on top of the axel it was only 150.00.
We did have to add a double step. I do have photo just unsure how to add.