Old 03-09-2016, 10:49 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austintatious View Post
So far we are loving it but I'm concerned it might be a bit too much for my 2015 JKU to tow.
Well, the max towing capacity on the 2015 JKU is 3,500. Do you know what gearing you have? 3.21, 3.73, or 4.10? Are you planning on towing in a hilly area?

The FQ weighs 2700 pounds, so by the time you add the water, unless you can fill up at your destination, that's probably another 200 pounds, and then food and whatever else, I would venture to say it will be up at around 3,200 pounds, which is close to both the trailer max weight and the jeeps max towing capacity.

Just make sure you get the trailer brake controller for you JKU and set the brakes correctly. The trailer does tow nicely.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:47 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoey38 View Post
Follow up- Ok I had bought a trailmanor last year and its ok, but the 17FQ would have been better for us... I contacted a dealer and there wiling to give me a good deal on a new one and I would only carry 2k...I was also looking at a R-pod 180.....

Like some more feed back on your experiance with the 17 FQ.

Bigjoe
We had an R-Pod, after 5 weeks in last summer we realized it was not for us and traded for the 17FQ as soon as we got back home. MUCH, MUCH happier now. More storage, headroom (you would be surprised how much you you lose due to the slope of the roof) and the bed access is the really the best thing.

Old 03-10-2016, 08:38 PM   #73

We run 513 gears in our JKU automatic we weight everything and stay at the 3500 lbs rating yes we run trailer brakes we have hitch with sway bar and are running a. 35 inch tires with a 4 inch lift after we put the springs in top of trailer axel and put 15 in tires and wheels it pulls fantastic we don't even know we are pulling anything
Old 03-10-2016, 08:39 PM   #74

We looked at R Pod and 17FQ price was a factor but I love my clipper and would not change it for anything
Old 03-11-2016, 08:17 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky-N View Post
We had an R-Pod, after 5 weeks in last summer we realized it was not for us and traded for the 17FQ as soon as we got back home. MUCH, MUCH happier now. More storage, headroom (you would be surprised how much you you lose due to the slope of the roof) and the bed access is the really the best thing.
Thanks for the review on the R-pod..... It helps.... Is it possible to modify the dinette on the 17FQ to make it longer?
Old 03-11-2016, 12:53 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoey38 View Post
Thanks for the review on the R-pod..... It helps.... Is it possible to modify the dinette on the 17FQ to make it longer?
I suppose there might be a way, but I don't think it would be practical, as there just isn't enough room for anything bigger.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:30 PM   #77

We actually made it shorter and fold down style so we can sit and drink coffee with it being down and dinner when it is up. But I don't know any way to make it longer
Old 03-11-2016, 10:01 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizelisa View Post
We actually made it shorter and fold down style so we can sit and drink coffee with it being down and dinner when it is up. But I don't know any way to make it longer
Sounds interesting, can you post a pic of it?
Old 03-11-2016, 10:08 PM   #79

trailer is in storage, but as soon as get a chance will be happy to....
Old 03-14-2016, 12:04 AM   #80

Anyone know when you trade in your TT do they check everything?

I am trying to work on a deal for a 17FQ, while getting my camper ready for possible trade in I notice the toilet is not working. frustrated.