Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2019, 11:53 PM   #1

17 FQ dinette

Has anyone done a mod with the dinette making for someone tall can slip on it?
bigjoey38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:01 AM   #2

Dinette question?

Not certain what your question is: Slip On It (Sleep on it?); Slip Into it? Allow a tall person more leg room?
Ohinaz1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohinaz1970 View Post
Not certain what your question is: Slip On It (Sleep on it?); Slip Into it? Allow a tall person more leg room?
Yes sleep on it with more leg room.
bigjoey38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:25 PM   #4

We cut the bench on ours down to a single seat width make more room when entering the trailer. Only the two of us will ever use it so there was no need to keep the table as a sleep unit. But it would take very little to add a filler to make it back to the same size it was.

With some creative work on the bench you could probably make it a hinged back could be lowered giving a bit more length for a tall person.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:21 PM   #5

I have 16 fb so I dont know if they are the same.My full bed is crossways in the front and the dinette meets it on the curb side and door is toward the back on the same side.I lowered the bed end of the dinette wall to be even with the floor of the bed.I carefully removed the fabric and staples.I re-used these things and it looks like the other end except about 2'' tall.I made it so the bottom cushion still slides in but of course the top one just sits there if you are using the dinette.It doesnt bother me and it is longer if someone wants to sleep there.Because of the way they framed it originally I left the support along the wall for support and it sticks out a few inches.You have enough material to redo it and it looks just like the other end except imagine and L cut out of it.Hope that helps I dont have pics.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:48 PM   #6

I removed ours all together and replaced it with 2 glider rockers--not enough room for a proper recliner, but MUCH more comfortable!
2011 Kia Soul+ (dinghy)
thewheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:32 AM   #7

They are basically designed for kids.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote