Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2017, 08:14 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearn4 View Post
Another quick tip. The wardrobe closets on either side of the queen bed are very narrow at the top and won't fit regular size hangars. Had me stumped until I saw child size hangars at the store. They fit just fine and hold our adult size clothes just fine. This is for the 17 FQ.
We did the same thing with the child hangers!
WNY_Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:27 PM   #42

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
clearn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:36 AM   #43

17 FQ shower

I followed your lead and replaced the shower rod with a curved rod. Wife appreciates the extra space. Thank you for the tip. Will also look into the smaller clothes hangers.

I repurposed the old rod to add a removable clothes hanger over the center of the shower. Only the end brackets are permanent, one of which is notched to lift out the end of the rod. Now, if we have wet clothes, I can put the extra rod in place and hang the wet items to dry over the shower, then remove the rod to wash self.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:54 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homersimpson View Post
I followed your lead and replaced the shower rod with a curved rod. Wife appreciates the extra space. Thank you for the tip. Will also look into the smaller clothes hangers.

I repurposed the old rod to add a removable clothes hanger over the center of the shower. Only the end brackets are permanent, one of which is notched to lift out the end of the rod. Now, if we have wet clothes, I can put the extra rod in place and hang the wet items to dry over the shower, then remove the rod to wash self.

Sounds great. I sure learn a lot from this blog.
Take care
Old 03-29-2017, 12:14 AM   #45

Still like to get a 17FQ..
bigjoey38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:15 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoey38 View Post
Still like to get a 17FQ..
Old 03-29-2017, 09:39 AM   #47
cdog7201

Send a message via AIM to cdog7201
big joey look at the 17fb also it is the same as the FQ but the stove and fridge is on the other side you still get the walk around bed mine has the big wardrobe with the toilet and shower but no wash basin. You can get the wash basin but you give up the big wardrobe. Also the fridge is mounted up higher which saves on your back you don't need to bend so much.
cdog7201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:31 AM   #48

Just did another idea. I bought a piece of 11 1/2 X 14" Lexan plexiglass. I cut it in half long ways so I had to 7" pieces. I then measured the width of the wardrobe closets at the base where the doors open. I placed them with Velcro to create a 7" high lip to keep clothes we place at the bottom from falling out. I used the Velcro so if need be I can remove. This is for the wardrobes on each side of the queen bed. Prior to this we used suitcases and stored under the bed. The bottom of these wardrobes holds everything we had in the suitcases and certainly a lot easier to get to. Hanging clothes above works out just fine with the others on the bottom. I didn't want to find a Rubbermaid to place on the bottom because with the slant in back of the cabinet I would loose space.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:47 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearn4 View Post
Just did another idea. I bought a piece of 11 1/2 X 14" Lexan plexiglass. I cut it in half long ways so I had to 7" pieces. I then measured the width of the wardrobe closets at the base where the doors open. I placed them with Velcro to create a 7" high lip to keep clothes we place at the bottom from falling out. I used the Velcro so if need be I can remove. This is for the wardrobes on each side of the queen bed. Prior to this we used suitcases and stored under the bed. The bottom of these wardrobes holds everything we had in the suitcases and certainly a lot easier to get to. Hanging clothes above works out just fine with the others on the bottom. I didn't want to find a Rubbermaid to place on the bottom because with the slant in back of the cabinet I would loose space.
I've been wanting to put shelves in those cabinets. We do the same as you, put the suitcases under the bed and the clothes in those cabinets. But we don't hang anything in there and more times than not what we need is towards the bottom of a two foot pile of clothes
Austintatious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:56 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austintatious View Post
I've been wanting to put shelves in those cabinets. We do the same as you, put the suitcases under the bed and the clothes in those cabinets. But we don't hang anything in there and more times than not what we need is towards the bottom of a two foot pile of clothes
My plan is also putting shelves into both closets, but removable so we could still use it as a hanging closet if needed.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:30 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY_Clipper View Post
My plan is also putting shelves into both closets, but removable so we could still use it as a hanging closet if needed.
Great idea. I've thought it could be as simple as gluing runners on each side of the cabinet that removable shelves could then sit on?
Austintatious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:48 AM   #52

2016 Viking 17FQ Window Mod

Have been doing a few small things to lighten up the inside of the trailer. Thought this worked out well. I left the original dark brown cloth on it and gave it a couple of coats of acrylic gesso primer. Basically turned it into a canvas. When it was dry used acrylic paint to paint the mural. When that was dry sprayed a coat of clear matte acrylic sealer on it. The one over the kitchen sink, I pulled the cloth off, primed and painted it white and painted a sailboat on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vikmod.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	145645   Click image for larger version

Name:	vikmod2.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	145646  
tom2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:48 PM   #53

Yellowstone trip

We just returned from Yellowstone Park in our Chevy Colorado towing our loaded 17FQ for an actual GCVW of 8,160#. Now that might not seem to be important to Duramax and Power Stroke fans, but that was done in an 11 year old truck with a with a rebuilt 5-cylinder engine, and I got 16 MPG on each leg of the trip. Easily travelled on US 20 at 50-60+ MPH and pulled it up the long Ashton hill at 40+MPH, too. The 17FQ is just about right for a smallish truck to handle (admittedly, a sixth cylinder would be nice).