Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2017, 02:29 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwolfe View Post
I hope y'all don't mind me trying to fit in, I don't have a 17FQ but have a 17RD and it seems like I am the only one. Anyway I wanted to add a pic of the sticky backed vinyl tile back splash I did since all of our kitchens are basically the same. It was really easy to do and covered all of those warning stickers I was tired of looking at.
Looks good gwolfe and welcome to the group!
WNY_Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:05 PM   #62

Both of those kitchen treatments look great. I need to do something with mine, so both examples were good to see. Thanks.

Still in the shop waiting on parts.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:21 PM   #63

Thanks guys...the original owner had tried to clean the area behind the sink and messed it up, this is back to better than new. I'm reading intently on the wheel upgrade, think that may be my next move.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:41 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC.campr View Post
Thanks guys...the original owner had tried to clean the area behind the sink and messed it up, this is back to better than new. I'm reading intently on the wheel upgrade, think that may be my next move.
The 15" wheels/tires fit right on my camper with no clearance issues. Did some rutted rough roads in Colorado last year loaded up for a week with a full tank of water with no rubbing.

2016 Clipper 17RD
2011 Silverado
gwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:51 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog7201 View Post
has anyone considered putting led lights un der the awning on the housing for better outdoor light And how did you wire it if so? thanks
I drilled thru the side of the trailer into the roof space and ran the wire over to the power wire for the bathroom exhaust fan. I use a wireless controller that I have over by the door area. Works well and very nice light from the LEDs.
If you remove the frame around the exhaust fan you can see up into the open roof space. Hope that helps?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0349.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	133859   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0348.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	133860  
Old 04-04-2017, 08:54 PM   #66

Quote:
I also peeled the graphics off of the outside for a cleaner look, I left the Coachmen logo though. Upgraded to 205/75 15 wheels and tires too.

Glad to see someone else removed those dorky decals. I like the clean look much better.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:17 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky-N View Post
Glad to see someone else removed those dorky decals. I like the clean look much better.
Mine is also a little busy looking. What is the secret to removing them? Heat? Cleaner? Patience?
Old 04-04-2017, 09:27 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homersimpson View Post
Mine is also a little busy looking. What is the secret to removing them? Heat? Cleaner? Patience?
Heat mainly for me, the side that sits in the sun I was able to peel off on a warm day, the shaded side I used a hair dryer on low to warm them. I used a little Goo-Gone to remove any residue. I need to give it a good wash and wax now.

2016 Clipper 17RD
2011 Silverado
gwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:52 PM   #69

Quote:
Heat mainly for me, the side that sits in the sun I was able to peel off on a warm day, the shaded side I used a hair dryer on low to warm them. I used a little Goo-Gone to remove any residue. I need to give it a good wash and wax now.
Thanks. I will have to wait for that warm day.

As for the 17RD, we looked locally for an RD for over a year, but none came to Idaho I guess. Really liked all the glass in the rear. Then we fell in love with the FQ. As you pointed out, they are very similarly made. Welcome.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:01 AM   #70
cdog7201

Send a message via AIM to cdog7201
bc campr

Quote:
I drilled thru the side of the trailer into the roof space and ran the wire over to the power wire for the bathroom exhaust fan. I use a wireless controller that I have over by the door area. Works well and very nice light from the LEDs.
If you remove the frame around the exhaust fan you can see up into the open roof space. Hope that helps?
Very nice job looks great did you have to use a fishtape to get the wire through? My controller for the remote is part of the wiring, but the remote is wireless there is a on off switch on my controller also l am still thinking how I am going to wire it .I need to keep the control box handy I guess.
cdog7201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:04 AM   #71

Quote:
Very nice job looks great did you have to use a fishtape to get the wire through? My controller for the remote is part of the wiring, but the remote is wireless there is a on off switch on my controller also l am still thinking how I am going to wire it .I need to keep the control box handy I guess.
My thoughts when I wire mine is to follow the power wire down from my power awning along the wall bracket and into my basement storage area. I'm adding lights in the storage area anyways, so I will run my power into a fuse block I plan on installing down there.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:05 AM   #72

Quote:
Do you have pictures of your control box?
Old 04-05-2017, 09:04 PM   #73
cdog7201

17fq

no but you can see them on Amazon under led strip lights. I have an older phone that I can't put pictures on this sight with. they are the tingham brand I have already cut the power box off and am going to use just the switch and control box I already did this and hooked up a battery to see if it would work and it does these are the multi color lights that you can change to different patterns and colors so you need the box or they don't work right. t he control box has to see the remote .
Old 04-06-2017, 04:12 AM   #74

Quote:
no but you can see them on Amazon under led strip lights. I have an older phone that I can't put pictures on this sight with. they are the tingham brand I have already cut the power box off and am going to use just the switch and control box I already did this and hooked up a battery to see if it would work and it does these are the multi color lights that you can change to different patterns and colors so you need the box or they don't work right. t he control box has to see the remote .
That's the problem with IR controllers, the control box needs to see the remote. I saw one guy pull power from the outside entrance light and put his control box there, behind the lens.

Mine came with an RF (Radio Frequency) controller that is supposed to go through walls. I'm hoping that includes metal skinned walls!
Old 04-06-2017, 09:32 AM   #75
cdog7201

led lights

I am going to pick up power at the entrance light also I think I can hide the control box pretty good there also,I hope your box has good ears I saw where somebody ran power from the battery on a dedicated circuit and ran the lights under the frame to light up the ground. I may do that for the pass through storage.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:24 PM   #76

RF Wireless Mini Remote Controller For Led RGB 5050 3528 Light Strip | eBay

I used an rf controller instead on the ir. the controller is stuffed in the ceiling cavity. Works pretty good, no worrys about the line of sight then. The reciever is in the roof space in the bathroom, and you can control it from the main doorway entrance to the trailer.
Sounds something like what WNY has on his light setup.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:54 AM   #77

Quote:
I used an rf controller instead on the ir. the controller is stuffed in the ceiling cavity. Works pretty good, no worrys about the line of sight then. The reciever is in the roof space in the bathroom, and you can control it from the main doorway entrance to the trailer.
Sounds something like what WNY has on his light setup.
That is what came with my set.
So it doesn't work well sitting outside under the awning?
Old 04-07-2017, 04:00 AM   #78

Quote:
I don't see any outdoor speakers on the side of your TT. Did it not come with any?
Old 04-07-2017, 04:02 AM   #79

Has anyone sussessfully added a shelf to the upper middle cabinet above the bed?
Old 04-07-2017, 06:39 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY_Clipper View Post
I don't see any outdoor speakers on the side of your TT. Did it not come with any?
Speakers are in the top of each awning arm. Mine is like that as well.
Austintatious is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, modifications