Old 09-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
17FQ Viking

we are buying a camper in the spring. I have been checking all brands of campers that i can tow with my vehicle. I am going to see the 17 FQ Viking. Does anyone have this model?

Mrck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
The Magoons
We graduated from tent camping to a Clipper 17FQ this spring and love it! We did some research and looked at several lightweights before settling on our Clipper. We've spent 17 nights and more than 3000 miles in it already and haven't found anything we don't like. The big selling factors for us were: 6'4" ceiling, large fresh (40 gal) and grey/black water (27 each) tanks, full vanity and queen bed. Negative's we've discovered: watch your head on the corners of the cabinets alongside the bed (ouch!), the dinette can be bit tight, and pretty limited storage space -- we installed extra shelves in the cabinets. Our TV is a 2008 Tacoma with automatic and the factory tow package and we're averaging around 11 mpg at around 60-65 mph (20 combined in the truck alone). The construction is solid and it tows nicely, even in a 40 mph crosswind... but that's another story for another time! We haven't regretted getting our Clipper and haven't yet started yearning for something bigger. It fits our needs perfectly.

nnryengr109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
I would echo the same as above. Got it this summer. Drove it over 6000 miles carefree. Milage on my FJ Cruiser with the 4.0 litre went from about 300 miles a tank to 200 a tank at 60mph. No mods to speak of although I did switch the bath fan to a "Fantastic" Vent fan and we like that.

It is a great model for two people traveling.

Next mod is to add an electric tongue jack - mostly b/c I am envious of all the others that I see around and with a lot of one nighters, it would be a handy plus.
Plaid is offline   Reply With Quote