Old 09-07-2016, 08:22 AM   #11
Coachman 312BHDS

It should be fine most of the time in the NE at night.

I would skip Death Valley on the trek. Seriously, it can get hot in the SW a lot. At 110 F it may hold 90. Even here in southern Missouri or northern Arkansas and anywhere south of here it can overwhelm a single unit at times.

I would talk to a dealer or FR on the viability/ease of an upgrade. It might be a piece of cake. I really didn't know dealers order them without at least the 50 amp service and pre-wired. Many dealers just get them with the 2nd AC but mine just has them all pre-wired.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:26 AM   #12
Coachman 312BHDS

Here is a thread on adding a 2nd AC to a 312BHDS that was pre-wired.

Thinking of adding 2nd A/C unit

Old 09-07-2016, 09:43 AM   #13

As for the thermostat- Yes that's it. Well son of a gun that's what I will do next time. LOL. I am sure it was explained to me how to do that but I was in a cloud apparently.

I might look into upgrading if it is not a huge job. My wife wouldn't be thrilled to see me tearing into the new TT though. LOL
Old 09-07-2016, 10:40 AM   #14
Coachman 312BHDS

I zoomed in on your picture and see the Excursion. lol I think ours came loaded with every option but the rear camera and recliners. Makes it a bit heavier.

Power jacks, slide out outdoor grill, 50 amp w/ 2nd AC prep, 15k primary AC, dealer added 2nd AC.

Also, the Premiere package besides just the Liberty Edition.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:24 AM   #15

I have the Premiere package also. Power stabilizers and 15k ac, but no grill and just 30 am service. I do have the wireless cameras, nice for looking behind me while driving or backing up. What would the recliners replace?
Old 09-07-2016, 11:36 AM   #16
Coachman 312BHDS

I would think the recliners would replace the couch. With all of the beds and bunks this thing has the recliners might be a good option for many. Both of our kids and their spouses plus one grandchild join us on some trips. That bunkroom is invaluable.

I have a wireless camera that has a magnet for the bumper that works great as well. I sometimes set up alone since my wife still works a day early to get the good spots. I also picked up an EZ TPMS that works well.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:43 PM   #17

I have the 310BHDS and we love it, except: One thing I wish was that the couch, which makes a nice sleeping double bed, was long enough for me to really lie down on. I'm only 5'9" but the couch is shorter than that. Then again the dinette has more room than we need as we usually eat outside and when the camper rolls there are two (2) g'son's in the truck. A friend of mine bought a camper with a different layout but did not like his couch either. He sold the couch within two weeks of buying the camper went and bought two (2) house type recliners and put them in that spot. When he sets up he just moves one recliner out into the aisle so he and wifey can watch TV. I have looked at shortening my dinette. It seems that the hardest part would be finding someone to shorten the seat and backrest of the main seating area.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:05 PM   #18
Coachman 312BHDS

The couch bed or dinette has not been used to sleep on yet. Guests normally prefer the futon in the bunkhouse as a full queen.

How would one get the couch out and the recliners in?
Old 09-08-2016, 05:54 AM   #19

The couch is not bolted down, just sits there. I only know this because the tech giving us the demo was not well versed in folding the couch out to a bed and had pulled it away from the wall, thats when I realized it just sits there. Neither my couch or either dinette will ever be used as a sleeping area. 2 of my kids use the futons and the other 2 use the bunks. I do need to figure out something for the bunk on the futon side, my youngest likes to just drop donw off the bunks onto my older 2 while they are still sleeping. LOL
Old 09-08-2016, 07:43 AM   #20

There are various ladders made for getting into/out of these bunks