Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2014, 01:42 PM   #1

2" Receiver attachment

I recently purchased a used 2005 Chaparral FW 27'. I would like to install a receiver centered in the middle under the electric cord. I plan on using the receiver for a slide on platform for a generator. I have seen other chaparrals with a receiver. Does anyone have this type of setup that could send a diagram or pictures of how the receiver is mounted to the rails on your coach? Thank you.

edit by site team: moved post to appropriate forum
Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 05:39 AM   #2

Never heard of mounting a receiver on the side of the frame like this for a genset, but as I think about it, pretty nifty idea. I'm gonna assume it's a smaller generator, 3500 or less, as the weight of the bigger ones may put undo stess/twist to the frame mount. But, as for installation off the top of my head, could us a bolt on receiver such as a Curt, or similar brand, make custom L-shaped brackets with one side bolted to the hitch and one bolted to the frame. If measured properly could drill thru the frame and bolt the front bracket thru the frame into the rear bracket. If it were me I'd make brackets, bolt then a little weld to hold it all together.

Happy fabricating, and post up a pic when the project is done!
Kenz is offline   Reply With Quote