Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,510
Congrats on getting your 2011 Coachman Freedom Express 295RLDS safely home. That's a nice looking rig!
__________________

__________________
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #12
daydreaming about camping
 
jeeplj8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC area
Posts: 1,400
the remote control system may have been part of a special order. A local dealer had a run of Grey Wolf trailers we looked at with the "power package" and it came with the remote. Others did not.

I have thought about trying to add the remote, need to do some more research.
__________________

__________________

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #13
Member
 
psaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
psaman,
As far as that remote goes... During my PDI, I had the tech show me the location's of the water heater, furnace and water pump. By my water pump, there was a open faced junction box with a bunch of wires hooked to it. I inquired what is was and he said it was the remote control device that operates the awning, electric stabilizers, slide room and the awning. I thought that was pretty high on the cool factor scale. I had thought it might be a stock item due to the professional installation.
After you said your does not have it, I ran out to the camper to see what it was. After 30 minutes of searching on the web, I found it. It is a "LCI DIGITAL WIRELESS SYSTEM W/LCD REMOTE" here is a link to it. http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/LI...te-2nd-gen.pdf
I also found the next generation one looks like an Ipad. Cool stuff. Guess it is a factory upgrade?
I plan on the basic MODs like you did like the stove topper, towel hooks, lifts for the bed, Oxygenics shower head, step lighting, ect. Found some LED puck type lights that are motion sensor activated with batteries for the steps. Might go with the LED strips though if hooking to the battery is not to much of a pain.
I will need to make something to enclose the XBOX for the kids and add a TV to the bedroom. I love this part of a new camper!
Sounds like a great MOD with the satellite receiver, I can't swing that one yet though.
Chat soon,
crunchman
Thanks for the info on the remote hookup, salesman never mentioned it; I guess some have it and some don't. Either way, I'm happy. Never thought of step lights, that's a possible future project. One thing I did forget to mention was the replacement of most of the interior bulbs with LEDS. I took them back out of our old trailer, before trade in, to reuse them.
psaman
__________________

2012 Freedom Express 295 RLDS
2011 Ford F-150 Texas Edition
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
psaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
crunchman12001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Posts: 3,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by psaman View Post
Thanks for the info on the remote hookup, salesman never mentioned it; I guess some have it and some don't. Either way, I'm happy. Never thought of step lights, that's a possible future project. One thing I did forget to mention was the replacement of most of the interior bulbs with LEDS. I took them back out of our old trailer, before trade in, to reuse them.
psaman
Dumb question for you and others...
What is the advantage of the LED upgrade other than power consumption while dry camping?
Is it brighter in the trailer? Different look of light? Cooler in summer? Better? Dang things are much more expensive than the standard bulbs, has to be a reason everyone does it but other than dry camping, not sure?
TIA,
crunchman
__________________
2017 Salem Villa Estate 395RET-
2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 295RLDS- Sold
2015 F-250 FX4
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 31
Great Trailer...my wife and I almost bought it. We wound up with a different unit but this was definitely on our short list. We also bought form General in Canton and they were great!

We wound up with Lacrosse
__________________
gtschmidt58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
crunchman12001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Posts: 3,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtschmidt58 View Post
Great Trailer...my wife and I almost bought it. We wound up with a different unit but this was definitely on our short list. We also bought form General in Canton and they were great!

We wound up with Lacrosse
LOL, You looked at the unit that I bought? I am glad you did not buy it, I think?.. I hope you did not notice something I did not? Appeared to be in great shape with very little use.
This is my second purchase from General RV in Canton. They are a pleasure to business with.
Congrats on your new TT.
crunchman
__________________
2017 Salem Villa Estate 395RET-
2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 295RLDS- Sold
2015 F-250 FX4
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #17
Member
 
psaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
Dumb question for you and others...
What is the advantage of the LED upgrade other than power consumption while dry camping?
Is it brighter in the trailer? Different look of light? Cooler in summer? Better? Dang things are much more expensive than the standard bulbs, has to be a reason everyone does it but other than dry camping, not sure?
TIA,
crunchman
Pretty much all of the above! There is definitely less power drain and the oem bulbs generate a lot of heat. The ones I use are a softer white with less harsh shadows and I do believe they come in different shades of white. I got them on ebay; this is a link to similar lights, although when I bought them almost 2 years ago, they were only .99 cents a piece!
12V Car 48 SMD White LED Light Panel T10 Festoon BA9S Dome USA SHIP | eBay.
Mine were made in China; I would be surprised if they all aren't. There has been a lot of talk on other boards about their durability, but I have not had any problems yet.
__________________

2012 Freedom Express 295 RLDS
2011 Ford F-150 Texas Edition
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
psaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 31
Unit was perfect...no problems. Than unit was immaculate when we went through it 2X. You will enjoy it. We can't wait to go out in ours...we camp all over but West Brach and Salt Fork will be our first trips
__________________
gtschmidt58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
crunchman12001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Posts: 3,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtschmidt58 View Post
Unit was perfect...no problems. Than unit was immaculate when we went through it 2X. You will enjoy it. We can't wait to go out in ours...we camp all over but West Brach and Salt Fork will be our first trips
gtschmidt58,
I am glad to hear that you saw the same things that I did on the Coachman. You had me scared there for a minute. lol Thank you for not buying it.
The weather is changing for the better here quickly. We will be out soon. We can't wait for our first trip either.
We go to Indian Creek a lot for the winery tours.
Can you get long trailers in West branch, we have never camped there.
Happy camping,
crunchman
__________________
2017 Salem Villa Estate 395RET-
2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 295RLDS- Sold
2015 F-250 FX4
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:33 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
crunchman12001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Posts: 3,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by psaman View Post
Pretty much all of the above! There is definitely less power drain and the oem bulbs generate a lot of heat. The ones I use are a softer white with less harsh shadows and I do believe they come in different shades of white. I got them on ebay; this is a link to similar lights, although when I bought them almost 2 years ago, they were only .99 cents a piece!
12V Car 48 SMD White LED Light Panel T10 Festoon BA9S Dome USA SHIP | eBay.
Mine were made in China; I would be surprised if they all aren't. There has been a lot of talk on other boards about their durability, but I have not had any problems yet.
psaman,
Thank you for your reply regarding the LED upgrades. I will have to try a couple out.
crunchman
__________________

__________________
2017 Salem Villa Estate 395RET-
2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 295RLDS- Sold
2015 F-250 FX4
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2011, coachmen

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.