Old 07-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #11

What TV Mount Did You Use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGeek View Post
Finally got a pic of our 32" mounted in our Catalina 271BHS, lovin it!

That looks great! What mount did you use? I would like to do the same with my Catalina 222FB.

Thanks,

CaptSkip

Old 07-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #12

This looks great! What mount did you use? I would like to do the same with my Catalina 222FB.

Thanks,

Skip Gilbert

Old 07-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #13

You won't believe it, $10 mount from Walmart, here's the link:
Simple Fixed 25" to 37" Flat Panel TV Wall Mount - Walmart.com

Worked out well, because it was very low profile. Allows the TV to slide left to right, but when you get the TV hung on it, and tighten it in the back (somewhat difficult with the limited space), it's snug, and again, low profile. I mounted a low profile TV from Walmart on it, here's the link to it.
32" Sceptre LED-LCD HDTV, 720p 60Hz HDTV, E325BV-HD - Walmart.com
Really really nice set for the price. Please let me know if you have any other questions, and I'm so sorry for the delay in responding.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #14

I have the exact same situation - i am worried the screws will protrude into the tub surround! Did you find a solution? Many thanks.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguinane2002
I have the exact same situation - i am worried the screws will protrude into the tub surround! Did you find a solution? Many thanks.
The stock mounting lag screws that came with the above bracket did not protrude into the bunk area on our 271BHS. Thank goodness, it's where our girls sleep!
Old 07-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #16

At the 45th Coachman Rally, I was told during a Catalina Seminar, that all Coachmen have a 3/4" block installed in the center of the TV installation area. The block is either 15" or19" square (he couldn't remember so assume 15").

That being the case, I have two Sanus F18b mounts from Walmart that both are low profile and tilt/swivel to eliminate glare. I plan to install them during our next outing using 3/4" or 4" lag bolts. More after the next adventure.

Chuckster
Old 07-28-2012, 06:30 AM   #17

I talked with the dealer's service manager - he agreed with the issue. What they do is take a solid wood decorative shelf and mount that across the studs in that area to act as both a spacer and additional support. I did it yesterday and it worked perfectly. I used a dark colored 24X9 shelf board with 6 #14 X 1 3/4 wood lags to attach it to the studs. Then used the standard lags that came with mount to go thru this spacer for the tv mounting plate. In fact with the rather thin TV and low profile mount it made it come perfectly flush with the face of the entertainment area.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #18

I'm slightly confused. The unit had the block installed AND you added another block (shelf) behind the TV on the wall so two blocks were used in your installation? Or, did I simply misuderstand what you wrote?

Chuckster
Old 07-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #19

well based on my stud finder and just feeling thru the thin particle board surface - there is definately no wood block in this unit in any of the 3 tv areas. there is a center stud and two other studs located non-uniformly behind the thin panel. To ensure a solid mount i used the shelf method.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #20

Ok, thanks for the update. My stud finder, I can't find any studs. They appear to be small, thin and stapled into position so nothing registers on my finder.

I guess I need to think about shopping for a shelf board.

Thanx again

Chuckster