Old 05-23-2014, 11:37 AM   #21
CLT
Next Gen Camperbot 5000XL

Oh and one more thing, my right side cabinets in the bedroom section are pulling out from the wall. Not sure how easy that will be to fix. I can see multiple screws and the caulking has pulled away some.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:27 PM   #22

yikes. that doesn't sound like an easy fix.

Loading the camper now and getting irritated that the doors won't stay open! I put the little "T" thinking in the doors to hold them open, but it's not a tight fit. The slightest breeze and the doors are flapping around.

As I type this i realize how petty this is and feeling thankful that this is my biggest complaint at the moment! :-)

Old 05-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #23
CLT

How was your trip? Did everything work ok?
Old 05-28-2014, 09:08 PM   #24

Another Apex TT here, we have had very few problems after one year with ours. I think I end up engineering better solutions with each fix. Not that I feel the need to improve everything, I just want to fix it once!! Congrats to those with new TT's, the use of them will lead to invaluable memories for you, your friends, and family!
PJRNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #25
CLT

Hey PJRNM! Nice to see another Apex guy.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:13 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT View Post
How was your trip? Did everything work ok?
Trip was great! Couldn't have asked for better weather! Had a great campsite...drive-thru (woo hoo!!) with full hook-up. All went well with the TT...got it nice and level this time (vs our first time out!). No hot water initially, but found reset buttons which took care of that.

Used a different link on the chains of the weight distribution bars when I hitched up which made for a MUCH easier tow!! The engine didn't sound like it was working nearly as hard as previous tows.

Feels like my family is falling into the groove of who does what to get the campsite setup/taken down and the TT loaded/hitched, etc. Helps that we are to the point where the TT is nearly completely stocked, other than food and clothes!

I did get a little overzealous trying to stick an adhesive hook onto the island (to the left and below the sink) for hanging dishtowels and pushed in the "wall" of the island, so thats on my list to fix. Also have a taillight out...taking back to the dealer for that one as simply replacing the bulb didn't fix it.

Home for 3 weeks and then off again for another long weekend. That trip will be about a 4 hour drive...our longest trip so far. Looking forward to it!!
Old 06-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #27
CLT

Look under your short slide when extended and see how the seal looks. In the middle, mine is bunching up and causing it to tear a little. Should still be fine for the first trip out though.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:25 PM   #28

Ugh. TT is at the dealership now waiting for a new taillight and to fix the seal on the dinette slide out. I'll ask them to check on he short slide, too, since it's already there.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #29
CLT

Was it leaking or was it the seal that is underneath? Just wondering.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #30

It was the vertical seal on the right side. When I put the dinette slide out, this seal would slide down to the ground. Dealer said it had pulled away from the seal at the top. No leaking...so far...

Tags