Old 03-24-2014, 08:29 PM   #1

2014 Coachmen 301 BLDS

I have a 301 BLDS Liberty Edition TH on order, which is replacing our 2013 260 BL. We ordered it with the Premier Package, Frameless Windows, and 50 AMP service. It is scheduled to come off line next week, and hopefully will be delivered soon after.

The brochure states that it has a Dehco TV/Stereo antenna. Is this a fixed mast? Also, can someone please tell me about the AM, FM, CD, and DVD player. What brand, and is it Blu-ray, with blue tooth capability.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:55 AM   #2
daydreaming about camping

first off - welcome from further north (KC). We travel to Hollister frequently.

on the antenna, I doubt it is fixed mast style. you cannot get HDTV that way, pretty sure it will look like this:https://recreationnation.me/main/con...v-uhfvhf-white

The newer units have magnadyne stereos. Mine has the Jensen unit. I am yet to see with with standard bluray, but it will probably have bluetooth. The current picture on the FR website shows a magnadyne stereo in the 310 anniversary package.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
first off - welcome from further north (KC). We travel to Hollister frequently.

on the antenna, I doubt it is fixed mast style. you cannot get HDTV that way, pretty sure it will look like this:https://recreationnation.me/main/con...v-uhfvhf-white

The newer units have magnadyne stereos. Mine has the Jensen unit. I am yet to see with with standard bluray, but it will probably have bluetooth. The current picture on the FR website shows a magnadyne stereo in the 310 anniversary package.
Thanks!! At least it appears you don't have to crank it up the antenna. Our daughter and grand daughter live in Shawnee. Lot's of good camping here and in Northwest AR. We live near the new Branson Airport, if you are familiar with the area.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #4

absolutely, hit Big Cedar couple times a year.

According to Southwest pilots that airport is hard to find...

If you bring that rig up to visit her there are a couple nice full hookup campgrounds on the MO side.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:37 PM   #5

I started to say we live near the airport where Southwest is supposed to land. We have stayed at the campground at the Peculiar exit several times. I am hoping to hear something today on when I should expect delivery. I'm really anxious to see how the frameless windows look..haven't even seen a picture of them on a Freedom Express. I was also glad they started offering 50 amp service.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:40 PM   #6

I walked through a 320 with the frameless windows, they looked great. Really wish that had been an option when we ordered ours. I will be curious how the 50 amp is done. I may be doing that myself in the future. The problem is having the electric fireplace, it will throw the 30 amp breaker on most pedestals when other things are running.

For KC area camping, check out Jackson CO parks and Rec, specifically the Longview and Jacomo campgrounds. full hook up 28 a night and nice walking hiking trails etc.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #7

The Frameless windows and 50 amp service was a bargain at the time of purchase, with the overall discount applied. The 50 power cord is the marine type, not hardwired. You are right, with only 30 amp I doubt you would be able to use the microwave and fireplace heater at the same time.

Tags
coachmen