Old 05-17-2015, 08:23 PM   #1

2015 Apex 259BHSS furnace duct & black tank Question

Hello fellow campers, this is my first post. I just took ownership of a 2015 Apex 259BHSS and I really enjoy it. I do have a couple issues with it.

First, this weekend the evenings and nights were cool so I used the furnace. I have heat in the bathroom, and dining room near the ladder for the upper bunk, but there is cool air blowing out of the furnace duct in the queen bed room. It's almost as if its not connected.

Second, the black tank is showing 1/3 full after draining. I used the black tank flush and also bought a spray wand to insert down the toilet but there is some plastic plate obstructing the way so I cannot insert the wand down in the tank. Is there a technique for inserting the wand all the way down in the black tank?

Thanks all

Taco93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:13 AM   #2

Welcome and congrats on your apex!

If yours is like my 288bhs, the duct in the master bed area uses a smaller hose and doesnt blow like the others. Mine seems to take longer to blow warm air. If you look at the inside of the vent you can tell if its smaller then the others.

As far as the flapper in the bowl, mine i just step on the lever all the way and it opens.

08 dodgeram current TV
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:11 AM   #3

The duct in the master is not blowing forced air at all, there is a little cool air coming from it but it is definitely not right, furnace was going all night and the windows in the master area were completely fogged up. The rest of the RV was comfortable and no fogging on the windows. As far as the black tank, there is a plastic obstruction (not the flapper, but further down). I can only insert the wand down a couple feet. I would like to know the layout of the black tank so I can properly do a wand rinse. Thanks
Taco93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:28 AM   #4
clr

The duct may well be disconnected or the duct may have been crushed during assembly, I have heard of both of those happening in the past. I would remove the vent cover and try and feel down the duct opening and see if the duct is connected. I would use a video inspection camera with a flexible arm, I bought mine at harbor freight for about 60 bucks and use it for these type things all the time. If the duct is connected, you may have to return the unit to the dealer for warranty work.
Many RV's do not have a straight shot from the toilet to the tank any longer. That is the tank is piped to the toilet because the tank is offset from the toilet to allow a better bathroom configuration. In short the second obstruction you may be hitting is the bottom of the black pipe that runs to the tank. If that is the case the wand will not work.
You will find that the sensors in the tank are a PITA, and all most never work properly. Just keep the system as clean as possible is about all that you can do.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:45 AM   #5

Make sure the vent didnt pop off at the heater unit also.
08 dodgeram current TV
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:36 AM   #6

I have the same trailer and the same issue. I had it checked out and they said everything is fine- it's just a design flaw from Coachman. It's a long run from the furnace to the bedroom and this is typical. Closing the vent in the bathroom will apparently help... It's a non closing vent though.
I bought a fan and use it to bring warm/ cool air into the bedroom!!
Good luck and stay warm!!
tadbinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #7

yep, I have a 259 as well, and same thing. I believe it's due to the fact that it has to go all the way through the underbelly and heat the tanks first before it heats the bedroom, but mine has never blown hot in there. Actually my furnace won't light currently and I have to take it in for warranty along with burnt out LEDs in the awning as well as the front cap, and some other minor issues. Overall happy with mine, but saving up all the warranty repairs for one shot right before it runs out in August, as I have a 150mile round trip to the dealer.
dive2deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:28 PM   #8

I have a 2015 259 also but I didn't even know there was a heater vent in the bedroom. I thought there were only the bathroom vent and the vent by the ladder. I better look closer.
Skeptical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:57 AM   #9

Bedroom one is located on the door side of the room. About ankle high from floor facing the rear of trailer.
pontiacgta2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:19 AM   #10

The vent in my 2016 288bhs was weak until i closed the slide vent on the ac unit on the ceiling. that quieted the noise a little and increased the air flow on all the vents without affected the cooling of the camper.
Favyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:09 AM   #11

Issue he's having is like many of us where the heat vent in the bedroom blows Cool air whereas the bathroom and in the latter are to upper bunk blow hot air. Most say due to the long run from the rear to the front is cooling the air down.

pontiacgta2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, furnace, tank