Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2017, 03:13 PM   #21

full hook up site to test all the systems, and then the following week took it out for a 12 day camp out. we absolutely LOVE it. we were still finding things we liked the day we packed up. the self leveling system is a breeze! the AC kept the camper at 70 degrees even when iot was upper 80-low 90's and the ac is super quiet. we tested the heater and the fireplace because we actually had one night in the low 50's. we love that we can set the ac/heater at the thermstat and it controls BOTH. no more turn one off to turn the other on. also the larger water heater allows us to take a complete shower (10-15 minutes without shutting the water off as we always had to before in any other unit we had. (could wash my hair shave and wash and still have hot water, and then the next person get a shower in about 20 minutes. the ONLY issue we found is that the big couch does nit lay out flat for a bed, it leans with the foot of the bed higher than the head of the bed. but we can figure that out. the quality is so much better than any other unit we have had
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:39 PM   #22

We purchased a 2017 390QSMB last September. Like VizJedi, we also came from a Crossroads Cruiser product. Ours came with the 2nd air in the bedroom and it's pretty loud. It also produced a terrible vibration/buzzing sound that was very annoying. I took the cover off and added some weatherstripping which eliminated the noise. Our main AC unit will freeze up and ice over. Not sure why it does it. The pull-out Coleman grill has a plastic drip pan for grease, and on our last trip it melted and dripped on our outdoor carpet which I wasn't expecting. Those things aside, it's a beautiful RV and we really love it. Nice residential refrigerator, comfortable furniture, nice kitchen countertops, decent pantry space, good size slide out bunk room, big shower, decent RV mattress in the master and much more. Getting ready to go on a beach trip in it before school starts back.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:09 PM   #23

TitansFan, does your unit have the Coleman mach3 ac units in it? our does and both are very quiet. the one in the bedroom is a bit louder than the living room one, but I think it is because the bedroom is a much smaller place. we actually made the dealer plug in the unit and turn the AC on, because the unit we had that we were trading in, had a extremely loud ac to the point that we couldn't talk inside without almost yelling, and my ears would hurt from the noise to the point that we would have to turn the AC off. we looked at the Chaparral and at the Jayco Eagle both which have the same AC. the one in the Eagle was louder than the one in the Chappy, even tough they were the same. the one in the Eagle rattle badly, so i can only assume that it is the way they are mounted. perhaps your dealer can take a look at yours and fix it. we did find that the Coleman Mach 3 ac can be bought online and installed easily if you need to go that route. there are videos online that show how to do it yourself
Old 07-17-2017, 12:04 PM   #24

We've loved out 360IBL. Very very few issues and most required a screw driver and beer. The only semi big issue was a small valve on our water panel that was bad from the start and needed to be replaced. Other than that, no problems. We removed the 2 bunks from the mid bedroom and replaced them with 1 large 48" wide folding sofa couch. Much better use of the space and allows us to completely open the door even with the slide in.

TT: 2016 40' Chaparral 360IBL at 14000lbs
TV: 2016 F450 Platinum 6.7 CC LWB FX4, B&W Companion Hitch
IronCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:58 PM   #25

ValMelton, our Coachman came with Dometic AC units. We are about to go to FL next week so I hope I can keep the main living area unit from freezing up.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:31 AM   #26

Titansfan, this happen to us once on a Dometic unit. There was a "freeze" sensor in the evap coil, or it was supposed to be that had been knocked out. I expect I did it during maintenance. Any way take a look to see if a sensor is laying loose inside and if so insert it gently back into the coils. Not all units have these. Hope it works.
2022 Flagstaff Super Lite 526RK
Retired Air Force
swmelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:00 AM   #27

Bought a 2017 this year and like it. There is a problem with almost no air from the AC vents in the br. Coachmen says the ducts were not connected and need to remove the ceiling to fix it. Still waiting to hear a final solution. Traded a 2004 in and was very happy with that one.
Nascon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:49 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmelton View Post
Titansfan, this happen to us once on a Dometic unit. There was a "freeze" sensor in the evap coil, or it was supposed to be that had been knocked out. I expect I did it during maintenance. Any way take a look to see if a sensor is laying loose inside and if so insert it gently back into the coils. Not all units have these. Hope it works.
Thanks for the advice. I checked and the sensor is inserted in the upper part of the coils. Hopefully that's a good location for it.
TitansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:06 PM   #29

we looked into switching out to the coleman mach III when we had our Surveyor, because of how noisy that one was, but we ended up trading that camper in to our new coachman Chappy, and it has 2 of the coleman mach III in it. you wouldn't believe the difference. we haven't had any issues. we did have with the other brand.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:12 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCobra View Post
We've loved out 360IBL. Very very few issues and most required a screw driver and beer. The only semi big issue was a small valve on our water panel that was bad from the start and needed to be replaced. Other than that, no problems. We removed the 2 bunks from the mid bedroom and replaced them with 1 large 48" wide folding sofa couch. Much better use of the space and allows us to completely open the door even with the slide in.
I like that idea about the couch in the bunk room, but going to hang on to the bunks for now, we have 3 grand babies that will be using those occasionally. we like the idea that we don't even have to slide it out when they aren't with us.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:35 PM   #31

Here's a picture looking straight up into our main AC.

There appears to be a gap on the R marked side. Not as bad on the L marked side. I can feel air rushing out through this gap. I may tape the gap up with foil tape to keep the cold air on the cool/ducted side and out of the return side. Maybe this is where part of the problem lies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	You_Doodle_2017-07-20T02_24_00Z.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	145390  
Old 07-23-2017, 09:06 AM   #32

Let us know if it works, looks like you may have the answer
2022 Flagstaff Super Lite 526RK
Retired Air Force
swmelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:09 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmelton View Post
Let us know if it works, looks like you may have the answer
I took out the divider plate that separates the return and cold air sides. It was just stuck up in there and not really attached other than with that sticky foam pad stuff. It's like the divider plate was an afterthought. I reattached it with a few screws and foil tape and made sure there weren't any gaps between the return side and cold side. Last night was our first night here in Florida and so far so good! No freezing over and the air flow seems better.
TitansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:27 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansFan View Post
We purchased a 2017 390QSMB last September. Like VizJedi, we also came from a Crossroads Cruiser product. Ours came with the 2nd air in the bedroom and it's pretty loud. It also produced a terrible vibration/buzzing sound that was very annoying. I took the cover off and added some weatherstripping which eliminated the noise. Our main AC unit will freeze up and ice over. Not sure why it does it. The pull-out Coleman grill has a plastic drip pan for grease, and on our last trip it melted and dripped on our outdoor carpet which I wasn't expecting. Those things aside, it's a beautiful RV and we really love it. Nice residential refrigerator, comfortable furniture, nice kitchen countertops, decent pantry space, good size slide out bunk room, big shower, decent RV mattress in the master and much more. Getting ready to go on a beach trip in it before school starts back.

Quick question about your freezing ac unit. Do you leave the vent directly under the unit open all the time? If you do this is most likely the culprit. I was told by our dealer to open that vent to quickly cool down the living area and then close it after 5 minutes to return circulation to the vent system. They said leaving it completely open can cause it to freeze up.
Topper Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:34 AM   #35

We leave it closed. Since I made sure there wasn't any cold air/return air leakage, it hasn't frozen up. On day 2 with it and so far so good.