Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2016, 09:00 AM   #1

2017 changes

My wife and I looked at a 2017 Freedom Express LE 312bhds a few weeks ago that had been at the dealer for almost a month, then the week before last 2 new ones came in, with subtle differences, thought it has the same options and upgrades. They now have a cutting board over the stove, different drawer and door pulls, magnet catches for baggage doors, different power stabilizer jacks, no more dinette skylight and the fireplace is different. Is that normal to change so much even though it has the same model year as a trailer that does not have these changes?
d50erock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:30 AM   #2

It's the way the RV industry operates....the late model year changes roll over to the beginning of the next model year, and then in 2018, they'll do the same thing. We bought a 2016 in June....2 days after it arrived at the dealer. By the end of the year, they had changed a half dozen major items that I would have loved to have had, however, we needed to upgrade when we did, or we would have not camped much last year at all. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. There will ALWAYS be changes that you like....if you get the newest one now, in 2018, they'll do the same thing.

Life is good...Live it!
Nights Camped - (2014) - 16 in 6 trips (2015) - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) - 21 in 7 trips
(2017) - 12 in 3 and going seasonal for at least the rest of the year!
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:35 AM   #3

I like the changes they made. The skylight I wish they still had but if/when I put slide toppers on it will render the skylight useless.
d50erock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:21 PM   #4

Mine was the same way as well. In fact, my ordered one was going down the assembly line behind one that had all the new changes... try to explain that one lol.

Because mine wasn't going to make it to me on time, they swapped mine for the newer one currently on the line and honored the lower price. I had a white front cap instead of painted, sink was white instead of stainless steel, fridge has black facings instead of the fake wood, all interior lights were now LED, leather couches changed to 4 colors to match decor choices... there were others that I can't remember but just about everything they changed I liked.

Only thing I didn't was the trash can was on rails to allow it to slide out of the pantry which the new one didn't. But other then that, all positive.

The RV industry is very weird...