Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2019, 12:10 AM   #1

2018 apex nano 193 bhs tire question

I have decided to swap out the original Castle Rock tires with Goodyear Endurance tires. I want to keep the same tire size (225/75/r15). The current tires are 8ply load rating D. However, the goodyear endurance tires in that size are 10ply load rating E.

Any nano owners know if the stock wheels can handle the higher PSI of an "e" tire? I don't have my trailer accessible to me now, but I want to order the tires so that I can get to changing them as soon as I do.

I have read that there is a stamp on the wheel (rim) somewhere that indicates the max PSI - any friends out there want to take a look at their wheel for me to let me know?

Many thanks!
BlueOx Swaypro WDH
Husky Quest Brake Controller
cityfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 01:26 PM   #2

You don't need to run the Goodyear the 80 PSI unless you want to knock the cabinets off the wall. You can go by the stick on the trailer. My 193 is 65 PSI.
You should also look at the Goodyear site but here is the PDF you would be looking for. I'm running my GD tires at 75 but I had swapped out rims. The trailer is just not heavy enough to run them at 80.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfrank View Post
I have decided to swap out the original Castle Rock tires with Goodyear Endurance tires. I want to keep the same tire size (225/75/r15). The current tires are 8ply load rating D. However, the goodyear endurance tires in that size are 10ply load rating E.

Any nano owners know if the stock wheels can handle the higher PSI of an "e" tire? I don't have my trailer accessible to me now, but I want to order the tires so that I can get to changing them as soon as I do.

I have read that there is a stamp on the wheel (rim) somewhere that indicates the max PSI - any friends out there want to take a look at their wheel for me to let me know?

Many thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf rv_inflation.pdf (506.1 KB, 110 views)
Twisterbret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:28 PM   #3

I’m trying to upsize tires /rims on 2018 Apex these are 14’s and three years old . I have large truck with 17 in tires. Tire dealer says he needs the bolt pattern specs exactly as the Forest River demands . I’m hoping to go to at least 16’s as I’m on second Forest. Ariver new trailer due to blow out at 55mph on tire ripped whole side of camper up and destroyed rim on the Salem model. I saw it blow pulled over immediately but need no tire worry like that on new one. Want good tires with good ply . That can take truck running 55mph.
Bridgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire