Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2019, 06:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Redoing a roof because of a wrinkle, IMO, is last a resort. Wrinkles are not a problem that really need fixed. It’s when they “pillow” that it could be a problem.

Not about redoing a roof, it’s about the bubble tearing and the possibility of leaking creating damage from water. That material is very thin wouldn’t take much for it to tear.
This is all new to me with this type of roof. If it’s hot weather that is creating it to form these bubbles I live in Phoenix Arizona it’s 110 degrees out today by the end of summer I will have a hot air balloon to take up northern Arizona to camp.
Just going to keep checking it going to cooler weather in 2 weeks see it that changes it in anyway. I did purchase 5 Year warranty, glad I did dealer gave me a good deal on that extension. I will report it to the dealer and Forest River next week just to have it documented that it could become an issue.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
Not about redoing a roof, it’s about the bubble tearing and the possibility of leaking creating damage from water. That material is very thin wouldn’t take much for it to tear.
This is all new to me with this type of roof. If it’s hot weather that is creating it to form these bubbles I live in Phoenix Arizona it’s 110 degrees out today by the end of summer I will have a hot air balloon to take up northern Arizona to camp.
Just going to keep checking it going to cooler weather in 2 weeks see it that changes it in anyway. I did purchase 5 Year warranty, glad I did dealer gave me a good deal on that extension. I will report it to the dealer and Forest River next week just to have it documented that it could become an issue.
Get up on the roof and roll it out. Worked for me.
Ruggybuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:30 AM   #23

Finally some good news. Dealer just called to tell me Forest River approved the roof replacement, and Dealer will call to schedule replacement when all the parts are in. I will update soon as the new roof is on.
bjzman100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:43 AM   #24

Who was the dealer and was it a hassle to get the approval? Are you confident in the dealer's ability to do the work? I ask because I would let the dealer that sold me my TT touch anything.

Forgot to add. Have them inspect the roof and make sure all the nails or staples aren't lifting. Leaving them could cause an issue later.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:19 PM   #25

The dealer took care of the claim. Took 3 weeks to get response back from Forest River. I do trust Campers Inn to fix roof. They are replacing entire roof and possibly wood underneath if the TPO will not remove properly.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:31 PM   #26

Well it's good your getting it done and you can trust the place that's doing it. I wonder what qualifies for a roof replacement? One wrinkle, two wrinkles and the size?
Old 09-19-2019, 01:24 PM   #27

Dealer received parts on September 4th, took it to them on the 7th. They called yesterday to say my trailer is all fixed up and ready for pickup. They stated the TPO roof pulled off very easy and did not have to replace decking. The whole issue was just that, the Glue did not bond correctly to TPO material which led to bubbles all over....eventually leading to a leaking roof. This whole process started back in June. All parties involved did their part as stated, so expect to wait 2-3 months on major warranty work is what I have learned. I will update post with pictures when I get the trailer tomorrow. Thank, Brian
Old 09-20-2019, 09:18 PM   #28

I picked up the trailer today, and the roof is solid with a much thicker material. The workmanship of the install looks to be very good.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:16 PM   #29

Hello, I am sorry to hear about all the roof issues. Mine also had bubbles popping up and I was concerned. Took it back to where the wife and I purchased it and they took pictures documented everything emailed Forest River and copied me on the email.And the dealer had me return every 3-4 weeks so they could inspect it. Very nice the way the Dealer has treated me.
I am happy to say I am bubble free at this time and there were a lot of them up there. They had said with manufacturing process this does happen some worse than others. Now living in Phoenix AZ and temps around 110 for the last 3 months everything outside melts together anyway. So that may have played in my favor. I never had any staple problem with the roof. And hardly ever rains in Phoenix we can go 30-60 days with no rain not sure how any tree even grows out here so never have had a any thing leaking. But need to keep an eye on the roofs, and if under warranty document and make sure send copy to Forest River. Good luck and happy camping.
One thing nice about living in this area we camp all year round and never have to winterize it temps never gets below freezing here. We pay for it the summers though!!! That’s when you head north 2-3 hours and you in nice weather.

Tags
roo, roof