Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2020, 06:28 PM   #1

2019 Brookstone battery switch

I have a 2019 Brookstone with the master battery switch off there is still a battery draw that will run the battery dead. Has anyone run into this problem so I know where to start trouble shooting?
msstefanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 07:12 PM   #2

I do believe even with battery cutout switch, the propane detector is still on. But I might be wrong
dodgemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 07:27 PM   #3

I checked the detector and the indication on light is not on.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:03 PM   #4

I have chased the wires and found two circuits that are live with the battery master switch off. One goes to the solar plug and dead ends. The other feeds the emergency brake away switch then I assume to the electric brakes. Does anyone know what else is in that circuit and why it would be wired hot? Thinking about reconnecting the wire after the master switch to supply power only with the switch is on.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstefanski View Post
I have chased the wires and found two circuits that are live with the battery master switch off. One goes to the solar plug and dead ends. The other feeds the emergency brake away switch then I assume to the electric brakes. Does anyone know what else is in that circuit and why it would be wired hot? Thinking about reconnecting the wire after the master switch to supply power only with the switch is on.

The tether is still on the brake a way switch correct?? I would not move the brake a way to other side of shut off, there’s always that chance it gets forgotten and won’t be there if needed. Pull one of the hot wires before switch and see if draw stops, possible pinched wire and grounding out ?
dodgemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:32 PM   #6
Retired Member

Quote:
I have a 2019 Brookstone with the master battery switch off there is still a battery draw that will run the battery dead. Has anyone run into this problem so I know where to start trouble shooting?
First time I put 2018 Sierra in storage, activated battery disconnect switch and 2 weeks later both batteries had very low voltage. Put additional disconnects on negative terminals of both batteries. Problem solved. Leave factory switch in on position now.
RMWSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 03:34 PM   #7
Always Learning

Start pulling fuses 1 by 1 to see what makes the parasitic draw go away.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:21 PM   #8

It appears the only thing I can find is the WFCO 5110R inverter is drawing .1 amp from the battery with everything isolated. I installed a switching circuit breaker to be able to isolate the inverter when we are parked for extended length of time.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:30 PM   #9

i think i found 5 devices on our trailer that were bypassed the cutoff switch. anything that operates via a remote or has memory in it that needs to be saved. many touchscreens need power to them so they can sense when you touch them to wake them up.
as listed in post #6 put a true disconnect on the batteries to remove all loads. once i did this our batteries keep a charge for months. as for the breakaway switch it is a simple on/off switch so it will not draw power during storage (assuming the switch is off). i have a failsafe mechanism that insures i do not tow with the batteries disconnected.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:31 PM   #10

"Code" requires the LP detector be directly wired to the battery and it will siphon all the power from your battery in a couple of weeks.

The way to stop this is to put a switch on the wire between the trailer frame (ground point) and the Negative terminal of the battery. There should only be one (1) wire to the battery Negative terminal.

-- Chuck
Old 01-27-2020, 05:54 PM   #11

Quote:
CO/gas detector. Stereo. Remote controls circuits.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, roo, switch