Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2019, 06:47 PM   #1
Member
 
D321's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 54
204RD

We have just traded “up” to a 204RD Freedom Express. We think we are going to love it and all its storage! We love the layout and its decor too! Has anyone had any issues with this trailer, or have any advice for us as new owners? Thank you and happy camping!
__________________

D321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:28 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 7
Hi d321
I love mine
Great fit for me and the DW,she is one happy camper.
No complaints, really excited about new season coming up.
Lots of fishing plans as newly retired.
Gonna be a beautiful thing
Regards
__________________

bigcrappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:00 PM   #3
Member
 
D321's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 54
Thanks for your response, bigcrappie. Glad you and the dw are enjoying your 204RD. Here’s to happy camping AND fishing! Stay in touch!
D321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:47 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 185
D321...You left us E-Pro/Geo Pro 14FK folks.

Needed more space? Were there issues that made you change?
__________________
2019 Flagstaff E-Pro 14FK
JS Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 06:00 PM   #5
Member
 
D321's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Stanley View Post
D321...You left us E-Pro/Geo Pro 14FK folks.

Needed more space? Were there issues that made you change?


We have turned into camperholics! We decided as often as we liked to camp that we indeed needed something larger. The EPro 14FK served us well, but for camping a week at a time, especially in rainy weather, we needed something larger. We think the 204RD will be perfect with the added bonus of roominess without a slide. Hope you are still enjoying yours. We pick our “castle” 204RD up Wednesday. Happy camping to you!
D321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:01 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 185
Yes, I can see the need for something larger if cooped up in many days of rain. Happy Camping!
__________________
2019 Flagstaff E-Pro 14FK
JS Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 12:01 PM   #7
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 19,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by D321 View Post
We have turned into camperholics! We decided as often as we liked to camp that we indeed needed something larger. The EPro 14FK served us well, but for camping a week at a time, especially in rainy weather, we needed something larger. We think the 204RD will be perfect with the added bonus of roominess without a slide. Hope you are still enjoying yours. We pick our “castle” 204RD up Wednesday. Happy camping to you!
That's why there is this old adage, in the RV Community:

"Buy your second trailer FIRST"
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:38 PM   #8
Member
 
D321's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
That's why there is this old adage, in the RV Community:

"Buy your second trailer FIRST"


We should have done exactly that! Hindsight is 20/20!
D321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:50 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by D321 View Post
We have just traded “up” to a 204RD Freedom Express. We think we are going to love it and all its storage! We love the layout and its decor too! Has anyone had any issues with this trailer, or have any advice for us as new owners? Thank you and happy camping!
I just bought my 204RD and have had a few build quality iseues. 1. The rear window has a gap in the center so weather can come in and the latch can't lock the widow. 2. The head unit wasn't wired properly (fixed) 3. The flooring in the rear cargo area is lifting. 4. Had an open pipe above the fresh water tank 5. The aluminum stone guard and underlying wood was not attach at the bottom. I had a 1" wide gap that I noticed when putting the spare tire away. Various pieces of inside trim falling off. Ive dealt with most of the issues myself.
__________________

Ruggybuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.