Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2016, 11:51 AM   #1

292BHDS Outside TV Mount

Hey

My 2017 292BHDS has a coax input in the outside kitchen area and was wanting to mount a TV out there soon. I'm sure there are mounting studs or something to attach to behind that wall but not sure how to locate or get drawing of where they maybe

Any suggestions as to how i can get mounting diagram with stud locations?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2017 Coachmen 292BHDS
2017 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Cummins 4x4
jbhodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:37 PM   #2

Do some pushing on the back wall.It should be apparent where they are.

2011 Ram Mega Cab 3500 Larimie dually
2016 Chaparral 370FL
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveandSue View Post
Do some pushing on the back wall.It should be apparent where they are.

10-4. I have done that and pretty confident on location. Just not sure about the structural integrity and how much I can mount there

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2017 Coachmen 292BHDS
2017 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Cummins 4x4
jbhodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:44 PM   #4

Well I wouldn't put a bar there and do chin ups,but it will hold your TV. Or at least it should.

2011 Ram Mega Cab 3500 Larimie dually
2016 Chaparral 370FL
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:41 PM   #5

Pushing on the wall to feel for any mounting studs is tricky but can be done. A couple of other options: 1) Go to your local home building supply store and purchase an affordable "stud finder", read the instructions, practice with it some then find the studs. 2) Do you happen to have an electric shaving razor? If so, they can be used to find a wall stud. Turn the razor on, place the back of the razor against the wall that you want to find the studs and move it slowly horizontally. The razor will have a deeper sound at the area between the studs and the sound will rise as you pass over a stud or sold object. 3) Contact Coachmen via their websites e-mail address (the "contact us" e-mail address), be prepared to give them info as to you units model year, brand and VIN number. I had to do this to install a ladder on the back of my TT. I have a couple of good stud finders but it just didn't pick up the studs as I would have liked. When I asked about the location of any studs back there Coachmen sent me a computer generated drawing of my back wall as they built it. There were two studs turned sideways clearly marked "for the addition of ladder". A little measuring from the outside and I found them easily.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:06 AM   #6

I have seen some really great suction cup mounts for exterior TV's. They are reviewed very favorably and dont need to drill into your baby
Rollingthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:20 PM   #7

All the walls of outside kitchens I have seen are finished with the same wall covering as the inside of the units. I'm not sure if this is a type of wallpaper or a vinyl material but it is not smooth. Rubbing your hand across it and you can tell that is is not smooth enough for suction cups to hold on to.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
292bhds, mount, tv mount