Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #21

Has anyone had issues with their BBQ door on their 292BHDS and the strut/bracket not holding? The bracket on mine (the left bracket on the door when facing the outdoor kitchen essential pulled away, pulled the tiny bracket screws out. Took it into the dealer for repair, etc. Still not convinced that it is solid. Any thoughts on how i can make this stronger.

Also, has anyone had concerns on their 292BHDS around the awning? I extend mine and tighten down the rails yet there still seems to be plenty of give in the awning, a slight breeze and the thing bounces and slams. Am I missing something? The arms are tightened down all the way.
burati1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #22

No issues with my barbecue. As for the awning, even when tightened, it is designed to give in case of rain. Instead of the rain collecting on top of the awning and having that weight destroy the awning, it gives to get rid of the water once enough weight is on top. Once the water has drained off, the awning will spring back to its normal position. To help the awning in the wind, you need to get some awning tie downs and secure it to the ground. This will still allow it to get rid of the water as needed but will stabilize your awning on days that are more windy. These work only so much. If there are really strong winds out, you will want to roll up the awning to save it.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #23

Thank you very much for this information on the awning. I am hoping the dealer repairs to my BBQ door are quality.

Thanks again for the inforamtion.
burati1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #24

I found the water pump in my trailer. it is under the bottom bunk on the left side when looking forward. It is right behind the hot water tank. Unscrew 2 screws from the plywood on the bottom bunk. Mine did not have a 3 way valve so I would have to buy one if I want to use antifreeze. Since I live in southern Georgia, I just drained the hot water heater, all the low point drains and opened all of my water facets. That will do fine for me where it freezes very little. Be sure to secure the hot water and cold water valves to the hot water heater tank and open the bypass valve if you are going to use RV grade antifreeze.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #25

Send a message via ICQ to Inquinubykisy
Importance of Walk-in Cold Room

Submersible axial fan flow pump: The motor-driven pump is axial fan totally enclosed diving dry three-phase asynchronous motors, can run a long-term immersion in water, with a series of incomparable Refrigerator frozen food. Frozen foods, or frozen food, frozen food, frozen food, frozen after refers to processing of food. Frozen food is a very common method of food preservation, in addition cold air cooling, ventilation, cooling, vacuum cooling and cold water cooling. After pre-cooling treatment, the food should be promptly placed in cold room environments. solutions. humidity inside the refrigerator. In addition, when frequent access for goods, so that bank relative humidity increases, the device can be installed moisture absorption, and strengthening cold room
Inquinubykisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #26

It looks that you may have already found your answer....my coachmen has a hose for antifreeze next to the water pump. Mine is located under the kitchen sink. The procedure for my camper is as follows: Open low point drains and FW tank. Drain. Close. (In installed 1/4 turn ball valves to make this quick) If attwood WH, Pull Annode rod and store. Bypass water heater using the valves provided. Insert hose in antifreese and turn bypas valve, turn on water pump.
Starting with furtherst away from pump open and ensure each fixture runs pink. Both hot and Cold. Dont forget to open low point drains and the outdoor shower.
I use about 1.5 gallons total for the whole system including the P-Traps.

On a side note....I have heard All MFG's having issues witht he outdoor kitchen...I would think a good fix would be screwing the bracket all the way through the door and supporing it on both sides. Only catch would be how it would look on the outside.
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #27

Thank you very much for this information!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #28

You might want to search "winterizing rv trailer" on YouTube. Many people have taken the time to document the process with both anti freeze and air, not for your trailer specifically but they all should be somewhat similar. Also on the black tank flush...not all trailers have one from the factory. Torpedo makes a permeant flusher u install in the tank. I have one but have not put it in. Plenty of folks here have done it.

How do you like your new coachmen?
Old 12-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #29

Thank you. Do you have a link to that torpedo flusher? Googling I only find links for honeys ago companies, LOL.

We like the Coachmen. As this was out first travel trailer I am already finding things that I wish it had. It's a good solid trailer for us at this time with our kids.

That said, I'm already researching out next. I'm really liking the new forest right aviator series.

Things I wished Coachmen had:
- black tank flush
- walk in shower and not the mini tip
- replace bunk house with a seating area with recliners
- outdoor entertainment center
- fiber glass roof
- passenger side slide out
- 50 AMP service

I'm sure there is more however this is a pretty good unit for this time in our lives.

We pull with a 2012 Nissan armada which does a pretty good job.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #30

Sorry....it's called the "tornado"!!! Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000BUU5TU

I hear ya about the wish list after purchasing. Mine is somewhat small compared to yours...u shaped dinette. Outdoor kitchen and separate bunk house room for the kids.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #31

Thumbs up

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

Do you have issues with your outdoor BBQ door? One of the brackets holding the strut separated from the door. It was under warranty still so the dealer repaired it. I still don't trust it to be left open for an extended period of time.

How do you like yours?

Check out that aviator by forest river. I need to get a bigger tow vehicle before we seriously consider this. With the armada I'm pretty much maxed out on tow weight.

Here is the link.

Aviator Travel Trailers by Forest River
Old 12-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #32

I dont have an outdoor Kitchen ( see wish list) so cant really commet. Saw the Aviator Pretty wild for sure. Out of my price range for a camper as of now. Our objective for the next 10 years or so is to get the kids outdoors and away from the computer and TV. For me its a 100% departure from the job...Infact my cell phone gets turned off (Requirement). My experiance of Coachmen has been good....most of that is i assueme from a good dealer experiacne as well....We will be going back for the next one. I just infact got a hand addressed christmas card from the salesman I purchased from. Our story is similar to yours...1st time owner. I pestered the same guy for over a year (Dealer was on the way to a customer i regurarly see) made him jump through hoops, show me everything. He never once compalined or made me feel like there was something better he could be doing. Even made an offer at one point for a used unit that we couldnt come to terms on....ended up buying our 28dds from him about 6 months later.
I have some issues that I have addressed on my end...A broken jacknife sofa frame, broken tounge jack, pulled out cab hardware, and a few other litle things. Nothing too major i felt was worth the fuel and time of taking it back. I do have one thing i need to have addressed before Feb and thats the axles. They seem to bow inward at the top of the tire and it is a concern for tire wear. Other than that its been good.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #33

That 28dds is a good looking unit. Thanks for your help and input.

Completely understand getting the kids outdoors and away from the tech. That's always a fight here. We have two boys ages 15 and 11. Suddenly we are not "cool" to be seen with anymore.

Ours has a bunkhouse for the kids and their friends which is nice to contain their mess! HA!

Have fun camping. We are enjoying it!!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
It looks that you may have already found your answer....my coachmen has a hose for antifreeze next to the water pump. Mine is located under the kitchen sink. The procedure for my camper is as follows: Open low point drains and FW tank. Drain. Close. (In installed 1/4 turn ball valves to make this quick) If attwood WH, Pull Annode rod and store. Bypass water heater using the valves provided. Insert hose in antifreese and turn bypas valve, turn on water pump.
Starting with furtherst away from pump open and ensure each fixture runs pink. Both hot and Cold. Dont forget to open low point drains and the outdoor shower.
I use about 1.5 gallons total for the whole system including the P-Traps.

On a side note....I have heard All MFG's having issues witht he outdoor kitchen...I would think a good fix would be screwing the bracket all the way through the door and supporing it on both sides. Only catch would be how it would look on the outside.
When did Attwood start using (Annode rods) in thier water heaters? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #35

My bad...it's a suburban. I am sure I could put one in an Atwood if I had a big enough hammer!!!

Tags
292bhds, black water, winterize