Old 10-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #1

292BHDS Winterizing

Does anyone know where to find a video on how to winterize this model, ours is a 2012. Or is there a winterizing for dummies specific for this model? I'm not very mechanical and I just want to be sure I winterize it correctly. I've checked YouTube and cannot find anything specific to this freedom express model. Thanks in advance.

Also. Is anyone surprised that this model doesn't have a black water tank flush???

Old 10-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #2

Test

Old 10-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
Site Team

Hi,

It seems a bit quiet right now but hopefully someone will drop in that can answer your questions. In the meantime try doing a search in the FRF for other posts/threads relating to this topic. There's a search option in one of the green banners located towards the top of the page.

BTW Welcome to the forums!

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #4

Thank you for your reply. I tried searching on the site but I'm not finding any videos specific to my model. We've had a lot of fun with it since we purchased the trailer this summer and I've made a couple of major rookie mistakes. I just want to ensure I winterize it correctly so it doesn't have to spend another month at the service center. .
Old 10-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #5

Hi burati1... New owner myself, just went through process... I'm betting your unit has Antifreeze inlet on outside of trailer. First thing you need to do is make sure your Hot Water heater is off. Uplug it from 110V power source, make sure propane switch is off. Release water pressure valve (mine is accessible from outside panel) Be careful as water may be hot! Empty hot water heater by removing plug from bottom of panel, mine is 1 1/16" nut. Once water heater is empty, replace plug. (it will have anode if Suburban, willnot if Atwood) Next you need to find hot water heater bypass valves. Make sure water flow bypasses water heater. Open all water fixtures in the trailer and find the low point drains, open them. Ensure that all fresh water leaves your plumbing. Remember to flush toilet until no more water cycles through. If your grey and black water tanks contain any waste, you will need to dump them before doing anything. If they only contain water they can be flushed with sliding valves. My trailer was brand new, did it in my driveway. So... with all water purged, you can think about drawing Antifreeze into your system. (make sure you are using non-toxic RV antifreeze!!!) Close all your taps. Connect a short hose to Antifreeze inlet. Put other end of hose into Antifreeze jug. Turn on RV water pump and Antifreeze should be drawn into your system. (my trailer took just over 2 gallons, but is smaller than yours) Once pump is drawing AF into your plumbing, open taps one at a time until pink stuff (AF) flows freely through the line. Make sure enough AF gets into the traps. Flush your toilet until enough AF will protect black-water tank. Make sure shower head gets flushed(including outside shower if you have one) City water inlet (next to AF inlet if like my trailer) can be purged with AF by removing small screen and pressing the backcheck valve until AF flows out undiluted.
Experienced People.... Did I miss anything?

Hope this helps... Norm
Nammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #6

Thank you for the great information. Not sure my 292bhds has an antifreeze intake. I haven't seen anything like that.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #7

Look by your city water intake, on my trailer they are side by side.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #8

Thank you again. I will check this week. Thanks for taking the time to educate me.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #9

By the way, your black water system has to have a flush valve, you just need to find it. As far as my input goes, I'm just giving back, hope I've been able to help. Don't take my advice as fact! Check and recheck any advice you receive... Don't forget I'm new at this too!
Norm
Old 10-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #10

Regarding the black water flush, I have searched high and low and have not found that either. Would thought it would be near the fresh water hook up and tank valves. I've just been flushing the black tank by filling the toilet to refill the black tank to flush.

Tags
292bhds, black water, winterize