Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2016, 09:50 PM   #1

310 BHDS furnace vents

Seem to have 4 total... one in front master bed area, 1 right by door, 1 under fridge/ stove, and 1 "maybe" in bunk house?

Weird thing is it's in the closet... behind a door. It also doesn't seemean to work. Is it indeed a furnace vent? Can't understand why it's behind a door, but no heat back there otherwise.
plusbrians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:52 AM   #2

I believe the vent in the bunkhouse, in the closet, is to vent the heat out of the outside kitchen (so heat doesn't buildup when the outside door is closed).
Old 12-05-2016, 10:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin_fun View Post
I believe the vent in the bunkhouse, in the closet, is to vent the heat out of the outside kitchen (so heat doesn't buildup when the outside door is closed).
That's an idea, a vent for the fridge as it's jammed in the corner. Too bad, it got pretty chilly in there over the weekend!
plusbrians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 02:14 PM   #4
Insert witty title here

If you want heat in the bunkhouse or front bedroom, you must leave the doors open.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 04:31 PM   #5

I was told by the dealer that the vent in the closet of the bunk room was a vent for the fridge in the outside kitchen. When I asked them to explain that one they could not. They told me that the info came from the factory. When I asked if anyone at the dealer had actually removed the vent to confirm this they were stunned, to say the least. I did remove the vent in the closet after I got it home and all I could see was what appeared to be the back of the outside kitchen wall that's located behind the fridge. I also added a heat vent to the bath, as it did not have one. There is a louvered panel underneath the range/oven. There is another flat panel under the fridge that has a heat vent in it. There is a small panel at the bottom/front of the tub which gives access to the tub drain. I tied into the furnace hose behind the flat panel with a 4x4x2 homemade sheet metal tee then ran a 2" flex hose from that to the panel below the tub, it will go between the tub drain with a little force, and used a homemade 2" to 4" adapter to connect the 2" hose to the new 4" vent in the bath.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, vent