Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2016, 07:07 PM   #1

310 BHDS Slideout exterial wall

Looked at a used 2013 Freedom Express Liberty 310bhds today, loved the unit, but I noticed that the slideout walls (on the outside of the RV are wavy). They don't seem solid, almost like it's a plastic covering....I've had other campers, and the slide wall is made of the same fiberglass material as the rest of the camper and they seemed rock solid. Is this normal or a defect in the unit? Also, anyone else have any issues with delamination on the outside kitchen door near the latches? Like this camper, but don't want to buy if these are issues.
dfoxhoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:58 PM   #2

I have a wavy outside kitchen door on the same model. The rest is Rock solid. Repairman said the kitchen doors have a piece of wood inside and not Axdel like the rest of the trailer. The repair service center is trying to find a solution to fixing it or I may have to replace the door. The price of the door is 700.00 ouch ....
Somehow water got into the frame and now has waves in it.
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:13 PM   #3

I've got the '15 FR Freedom Express 310BHDS. We and the three g'son's love it. I do not have any issues with any of the walls or kitchen door having "waves" or "bumps" although I have read numerous posts on this forum of people who are experiencing this problem. Most of these are posted under the "General Tech and Repair" section and the "slides" sub-section.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper View Post
I have a wavy outside kitchen door on the same model. The rest is Rock solid. Repairman said the kitchen doors have a piece of wood inside and not Axdel like the rest of the trailer. The repair service center is trying to find a solution to fixing it or I may have to replace the door. The price of the door is 700.00 ouch ....
Somehow water got into the frame and now has waves in it.
Hello fellow campers. In reference to the " slide sides" with the wavy plastic outer cover. That is norm. You will notice that the harder sides in a slide out have a gear type track attached and the hard side is needed for strength. I got Coachman to seriously discount a new outside kitchen door and they shipped it to me last week. Several new upgrading to the door. We love our trailer and would recommend it to others as well. Lots or room ..
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:58 PM   #5

Mine has waves in it as well.
dfoxhoven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out