Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2014, 06:56 AM   #1

310bhds owners

I have been looking at this unit as a possible upgrade. I have only seen pictures of the unit on the web but not in person. Looking at the pictures it looks like the heater vent for the bunk room is in a wardrobe cabinet. Is that correct? Also is there a heater vent for the front bed room?
Camp-N-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:44 AM   #2

I used to own that model. If I recall, the heater vent on our unit was under the cabinet opposite the bathroom. It actually pointed towards the bath. Didn't get much heat to the bunk room. I removed the false panel to access the duct and relocated it to point into the bunk room. I bought a new round vent to attach to the duct and left the original in place so I didn't have to repair the hole. BTW, ours had a curtain instead of sliding door.

The master bedroom had the duct in front of the bed between the bed and entertainment center (I think)

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2000 Excursion Limited 7.3 PS Diesel Sold:crying

MagnoliaTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #3

Here's the pic I saw of a 2015 that made me question it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	63125  
Old 09-20-2014, 10:24 AM   #4

That's a dumb spot for it. Ours didn't have one there

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2000 Excursion Limited 7.3 PS Diesel Sold:crying

MagnoliaTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:15 AM   #5

I have the same model and I have not found any rear heat vent in the rear bunk area. I use a small ceramic heater for the kids . Mine has a vent under the main electrical panel box. Someone was not thinking when they excluded the rear heat.
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:08 PM   #6

I live in northwest florida and we do a lot of winter camping. If that vent is inside a wardrobe cabinet I'm sure that could be some sort of a hazard. I guess I will call the nearest dealer and confirm this. The 310bhds is at the top of my list but I don't want to open a cabinet and move clothes to run the heater.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:27 PM   #7

Directly below that closet is the hit water heater. It could be a vent for the unit. Who knows call forest river and ask the sales dept what's up. They are the only ones who answer the phone.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:32 PM   #8

I have owned my unit for 1 year now and we enjoy the floor plan. The large dinette is a must for rainy days inside the trailer for games and activities. The outside kitchen was a must for us as well. Me and the wife make coffee and toast outside in the morning when the kids are still sleeping. Its a great floorplan for family campers.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:10 AM   #9

We were just eyeing up a 292BHDS which is a similar layout minus the slide in the back bedroom. There are no heater vents in the back bedroom and I noticed those vents in the shelving area but they lead to the back of the fridge in the outside closet. I am to assume they are to allow the fridge to breath. Ryan
Ry-guy is offline   Reply With Quote