Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2016, 08:37 AM   #1

310BHDS rear bunkhouse

I just traded a catalina in on a 17 freedom express 310BHDS and i don't pick it up for a little bit yet. I am trying to figure out what the measurement of the place where the TV goes in the rear bunk house. I have looked for hours and cannot find a measurement. Anyone that has one if you could help me that would be great. I appreciate your help!! We are leaving for a trip a few days after we pick it up so i am trying to make sure i have all that is needed before I pick the camper up!!
ntgilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:58 AM   #2

28" x 22" x 6 inches. There is also a lip on the top, left and right side of about 1.75 inches. Beyond the lip the dimensions are as noted. Happy to help with any other questions as we've had that unit since last spring.
srderby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by srderby View Post
28" x 22" x 6 inches. There is also a lip on the top, left and right side of about 1.75 inches. Beyond the lip the dimensions are as noted. Happy to help with any other questions as we've had that unit since last spring.
Thank you, I really appreciate it!! Picking it up and dropping off the trade in unit on Wednesday!!
Old 08-02-2016, 11:59 AM   #4
I go RV'ing not Camping

Congrats on your new trailer
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:31 PM   #5

I have the 2015 310BHDS and we, g'son's especially love it. Those dimensions sound correct, at least close. Luckily I found a TV to fit on a Christmas sale at Best Buy for $50. Late in the evening or if it rains they hunker down in the "bunk house" and watch TV or movies on DVD player.

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
Congrats on your new trailer
Thank you, we just picked it up and brought home. It is about 3 inches to tall to fit inside my pole building. haha you talk about PISSED!!! oh well heading out for the first trip tuesday morning!!!
Old 08-03-2016, 04:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
I have the 2015 310BHDS and we, g'son's especially love it. Those dimensions sound correct, at least close. Luckily I found a TV to fit on a Christmas sale at Best Buy for $50. Late in the evening or if it rains they hunker down in the "bunk house" and watch TV or movies on DVD player.
Sounds great!!! We have a 3 year old and he loves the bunk house. We found a tv that will work. Mom had an extra unopened TV that will work perfect.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:54 AM   #8

One thing that we, boss lady and I, have discussed seriously is to remove that too short couch and the dinette then replace all that with recliners. I have concerns about the recliners staying put while traveling. The couch is too short for any adult to lie down, and we hardly ever use the dinette area. I have an alternative plan I like better: I would like to find someone local who can shorten the center cushions of the dinette 20". I can shorten all the wood frame work and the table so that an 84" house type sofa can be placed in there. Shortening the dinette area 20" would still give the g'kids enough room to sit and eat there.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:28 AM   #9
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
One thing that we, boss lady and I, have discussed seriously is to remove that too short couch and the dinette then replace all that with recliners. I have concerns about the recliners staying put while traveling. The couch is too short for any adult to lie down, and we hardly ever use the dinette area. I have an alternative plan I like better: I would like to find someone local who can shorten the center cushions of the dinette 20". I can shorten all the wood frame work and the table so that an 84" house type sofa can be placed in there. Shortening the dinette area 20" would still give the g'kids enough room to sit and eat there.
This sounds like a great idea!!

I would like to see the results
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunk, bunkhouse