LOL, so I posted a little while ago that I'd start a thread with my warranty details so others who are not aware on just how broken this industry is can understand it.
WARNING: VERY LONG!!
Before I begin, I want to say that I still love this camper and would buy it again. Not only that, my dealer IMO has been fantastic (I know many of them for 8+ years).
Bought my camper from MI back in August of 2014 (ordered it) and it was going to be delivered to my house in NH. Dealer is 30 min from factory and 3rd largest Coachmen dealer in the US. The whole purchase was on condition that I get it by Columbus Day weekend as we had a camping trip planned. As we got about a month away, I was getting nervous.. I contacted Coachmen direct and spoke with their sales manager. Long story short, mine wasn't scheduled to come off the line until the week after Columbus Day weekend so they converted a camper that was on the assembly line currently to what I wanted and gave me that one.
This one was a dealer stock item so all they did was give that dealer mine and I took that one. Fortunately for me, the one on the line being built before mine had the latest updates (Black fridge, all LED lighting inside etc) where mine didn't have it. They didn't charge me the price increase and installed both TV mounts at no charge even though I wasn't buying the TVs that are optioned.
All in all, the factory treated me well... The dealer got the camper 5 days before I needed it and sent it out to me the next day arriving the day after it left.
So this is where my punch list begins and the whole process of my warranty repairs and dates corresponding to timelines.
To add, I tried as best as possible to leave the camper with them between trips so nothing caused me to miss a trip and dealer is only 30 seconds from my work so it was really convenient to drop off and pick up.
This book of papers is my work orders/repairs from the past 15 months. It is by far the longest and biggest the dealer has ever had.
Nov 6 -
1) Can't get keys in slam locks. Locks have already corroded in a month.
- lubed locks, no luck.. need to order new slam locks.
2) recliner couch has tears in it. Requested it be replaced.
- Coachmen approved someone to come out to repair first, if I was not satisfied, they would replace.
** Of course I'm not going to be satisfied by a brand new leather couch being glued. Couch was ordered.
3) Kitchen sink drains are already rusting after 1 weekend use.
- New drains ordered
4) Rear window has dried glue that oozed out.
- area cleaned up
5) Bathroom door handle was installed at a 2pm direction instead of 3pm (handle). This caused you to be able to see through the door through the door handle hole.
- I fixed this easily but original install caused marks on door when tightened down. Door ordered
6) curtain above kitchen table delivered ripped.
- Coachmen shipped me new curtain to my house, I replaced, took almost 8 weeks to receive.
7) Carpet not tacked down in many areas in master bedroom, corners lifted up.
- Carpet was tacked back down.
8) Closet drawer would open during travel. Sliding door for washer/dryer area would slide open
- Drawer fixed, new glides ordered for sliding door, both upper and lower.
9) Light switch in kitchen would click on but clicking off would be a very soft/spongy feel. Electrical outlet by sink was screwed in too denting it along with plate.
- Light switch replaced, electrical outlet unscrewed a little to even out and replace plate.
10) Hard bubbles through hallway under linoleum.
- Tech removed molding and lifted flooring, found all kinds of sawdust and debris from wood flooring. Factory never swept or vacuumed before installing floor. Set floor back down.
11) drawers inside island are unfinished and splintering/cracking.
- Factory stated normal condition, tech pulled drawers out and 180'd them and reinstalled as the back of them was in better condition.