Old 08-27-2015, 10:50 PM   #11
Plain Old Member

Our Silverback did the same thing, Dometic AC. I never could get all of the stains off of the roof. I don't like Dometic AC's, especially since they changed a few things (Crappy functioning t-stat and control box), but that's another story.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:28 AM   #12

Just got up on the roof this weekend to install Wingman UHF Booster for Sensar Antenna and I too noticed the water rust run lines.

"Camping is not just a past time it is my relaxing way of life"
buskirk21921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:57 PM   #13

When I went and talked to the service dept about the rust stains last week and the first thing I told him was I have a 2015 Coachman that I bought here and the A/C which is a Dometic Brisk air II is causing rust stain on my roof. His first response was I wish Dometic never came out with them new units.

My A/C also acts strange once in a while. It will shut off randomly in the middle of a hot day and then about 20 seconds starts up again and repeat several times in the course of about ten minutes and then run fine the rest of the day and maybe for the next week before it does it again.

Another problem with these new A/C's are the holes around the base of the units are big enough for birds to get in and build nests in the spring. I had two birds nest before I put screen around mine and my buddy has a new Sandpiper and had had the same problem.
On a good note I'm having no issues with the front A/C unit which is a different model.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:23 PM   #14
Plain Old Member

dss595, that strange part is unfortunately normal for that AC. Another reason I got away from them. With the Coleman Mach, you can select Auto, then high or low fan, so it will only use that fan speed when on. With the newer dometic, if you put in auto, IT decides what fan speed it wants, which sometimes can lead to problems. Turns on, then a while later, fan shuts off (compressor keeps running), fan turns back on, maybe in high, maybe in low. Sometimes it gets confused. It's programmed to run high speed down to a certain temp, then swap to low speed, then off, if it makes it that far. I went through several control boxes and eventually just left it in "fan on" all day, then gave up completelly and vouched to never own one again. Another crappy thing with the dometic is the new 3 wire set up. If you're lucky enough, the factory ran 7 wires, only used 3, and you can put what you want up there later if you want. If only 3 wires, your stuck with it, or up for some modifying and wire runs.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:26 PM   #15

BigJohnD, Thanks for the information and now I have a better understanding of what's going on with my A/C.
I'm going to pull my thermostat off the wall this weekend and see if they used a 3 or 7 wire cable.

Tags
roo, roof