Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2016, 07:19 AM   #1

371mbrb bunk came separated from wall

So this weekend first time my daughter used her bunk in the back and we go to fold it up in travel position and noticed on the left side the screws came out of the wall I really hate to tow it over 200 miles home for the dealer to fix it. Give me your all opinions should I just put anchors in it? Will that work with the way camper walls are?
Old 05-16-2016, 10:00 AM   #2

I'm sorry to hear that Alex. How did the rig work out otherwise?

Fat guy seeking a Ram 3500 Megacab and a 5th wheel to tow behind it.
pprice01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.mcintosh40 View Post
noticed on the left side the screws came out of the wall
After my 2nd trip I noticed the flip up bunk in my 390 had pulled completely away from the wall. DS couldn't get the hold up latches to fit. The bunk was pulled away about 2 inches. I pushed it back and everything lined up.

The bunk is supported on the sides and I don't think being anchored to the wall will impact it's holding ability. I'm probably going to run a couple of wall anchor screws to a stud. I may just leave it. I'm still debating if we even need it. It is mostly just a shelf for junk right now.

j

2016 nights camped: 40
2017 nights camped: 16
2017 nights reserved: 30
VizJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:08 PM   #4

The camper works great we love every but of it. It was very cold and spent alot of time in it instead of on the boat and was nice the kids watched TV in the back bedroom and we did in the living room fireplace did awesome in the 30 degree night had to kick heat on some
Well I'm glad I'm not the only person with this problem for some reason my daughter rather sleep up there then pull out the couch so I have to figure it out might do what you said really doesn't need to be screwed in the wall that's only for when it's up it sits on the brackets. So far I'm really happy with coachmen quality of the camper always have to work the bugs out of everything
Old 05-16-2016, 05:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.mcintosh40 View Post
The camper works great we love every but of it. It was very cold and spent alot of time in it instead of on the boat and was nice the kids watched TV in the back bedroom and we did in the living room fireplace did awesome in the 30 degree night had to kick heat on some
Well I'm glad I'm not the only person with this problem for some reason my daughter rather sleep up there then pull out the couch so I have to figure it out might do what you said really doesn't need to be screwed in the wall that's only for when it's up it sits on the brackets. So far I'm really happy with coachmen quality of the camper always have to work the bugs out of everything
I feel the same way about ours. This is our 4th camper. All seem to have a few things that are an issue. It looks like the bunk to wall screws on mine weren't screwed into anything significant. There are 3 or 4 screws sticking out of the back of the bunk. So they tried. Raising and lowering the bunk a bunch of times showing it to people probably worked them out of the wall. It was fine during PDI. The only other issue I have found is the vent over the stove doesn't work. The light comes on, but no fan. Checked the fuse and it's good. My dealer is 100 miles away and I've been too busy using the trailer to worry about getting it fixed. I have a fantastic fan with a remote directly above the stove. I've been using that and it is fine for now.

j

Old 05-17-2016, 01:54 PM   #6

We purchased our Microlite 21DS new last Summer. Over the Winter I would periodically go into the trailer to check on the systems. Somehow the exhaust fan over the cook top developed a short. The light was ok but the motor would blow the fuse. I pulled it all out and tested the components separately anhd they were all good. On reassembling it all works. It seems there is a push on connector that was not insulated and wound up touching a ground. I just made sure everything is spaced well and insulated with a little vinyl tape. You could have something as simple as a loose wire nut connection.
dmchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmchapman View Post
Somehow the exhaust fan over the cook top developed a short. The light was ok but the motor would blow the fuse.
The light and fan are on different fuses? My fuse panel only had one labeled for it. My panel also has a light next to each fuse that comes on if the fuse is blown. I didn't have any lights either. I'm heading out for an 8 day trip in a week. I'll probably take the switch apart when I have time and see if I have current.

j

Tags
bunk