Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #41

Cool

What a long, strange trip it's been.

Wait, what? Oh, ok. Michigan to Big Sky Montana, then onto east side of Glacier National Park (DO NOT TAKE 89 INTO ST. MARY!!), Bismarck, Bemidji, Boyne City and back to Charlotte, MI. All said and done, 4800 miles in 3 1/2 weeks in 2013. Awesome.
wingedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #42

Attended a Coachmen Rally in the Florida Keys back a couple years, so Mid Michigan to Key West, with a side trip thru Alabama was just over 4000 miles. 2010 was a trip to Custer SD at a little over 3000 miles.

I have also taken the trip up to Copper Harbor/FT. Wilkens state park. Gotta love green because once you cross the bridge you see alot of it. Would love to take the trip again. Only problem road wise I encountered was crossing the bridge in Houghton/Hancock. Highway actually turns left immediately after the bridge and does a switch back kind of thing up the hill ( pretty...no freakin' steep hill!). I naturally not paying attention went straight. Don't know the grade but it was an angle 35-40 degrees. Steep enough that the map book slid off the dash. Had a 99 powerstroke and our 37' prospera at the time. That old powerstroke was sure beggin' for mercy! Couldn't muster much over 15mph. So yes, remember to turn left over the bridge!
Kenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:56 AM   #43

2600 miles plus a little for the side track to visit parents north of Orlando. Pittsburgh to Marathon, FL and back.

Don, Kim, Donny Jr., Sarge, Ginger & Buddy ~ Pittsburgh, PA
Sharps45120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #44

Almost 10000 miles on this trip with running around. Been going since Nov. 11 and will return today. Florida to Michigan to Los Angeles, Smokey mountains, and back to Florida. Big trip. Got to see all the kids and grandkids. Doing great, but times bit tight. We have done this trip in a Trailmanor, but getting a SP 189 this week.
Tampajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:43 AM   #45

First Year we had our unit we went from Clarksville Va. on highway 40 and the old route 66 to california, stayed there at my sons, seen other Family all over the state, then drove up to Oregon for my Father in laws Family reunion then back on 80 mostly got to Maryland and came back to Clarksville. It was over 6000 miles or little more. We were gone for almost 2.5 months almost made 3 mos not quite. I was lucky did all that on those Trail Express tires. That was before I knew of this forum. Next trip going to Miami I had the famous blow out in Lumberton NC. At that time I had AAA towing with an RV endorsement. They sent a guy out in a car to help me and then he asked if I had a jack, that's a true story. Now I have GS. I had to call a wrecker and never did get my money back. They said it wasn't authorized.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote