Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2016, 07:03 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996alnl View Post
Ah yes. Your right, I never thought of that.
I will have to fish a wire from the closest light.
One of the reading lights I guess.
Problem with those reading lights is they are located in the wood of the storage area above the bed. They are not in the ceiling. Not sure how we can fish a wire through that up to the ceiling. No easy answers.

The other option is to run a wire from the ceiling area in the storage behind the TV. It is a hidden area so you could cut a hole in the ceiling to get at the wires. Problem is there is no way to know if there is a 12v wire running back there. It would be nice to get a wiring schematic from Coachmen.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:13 AM   #22

Hmm I have a feeling that the wires going to the reading lights might be coming from that storage area behind the TV.
1996alnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:14 AM   #23

Right now my unit is in storage but I'll have to take a look at it next month.
1996alnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:59 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by srderby View Post
+1 on the fantastic fan. Quitter and works much better. Can't remember the name of it but there is a law passed that says they cannot simply void warranty. They would have to show that the specific mod that you did caused the problem.if it's done correctly you have nothing to worry about.
I think you're referring to the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. It's actually pretty old at this point. The main idea that people often quote about this is that the manufacturer can't require you to use "branded" parts. They also can't refuse a warranty just because you made a modification to their product, and responsibility is on them to prove that what you did caused the problem.

In the case of a trailer, if someone installed a fan, and then had leaks that caused damage, if the warrantor can prove that by installing the fan, you directly caused the leak, then they can refuse warranty repairs.

However, if the leak was at the other end of the trailer, it would be hard for them to prove that the work you did caused the problem. They also can't void the whole warranty just because you worked on one part of it. Again, if the leak was at another spot in the roof, unless they can prove that you caused damage while up there, then they can't deny the warranty. Also, they can't void the warranty on the water heater, for instance, because you added a fan.

Of course for many consumers, it's difficult for you to dispute what they may claim. "Well, it looks like the roof may have been scraped by a branch at one point, see these microscopic marks? Yeah, this isn't covered."

Tags
freedom express, power, vent