Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2016, 09:22 AM   #1

Adding 12v outlet to 192RBS

We love our 2015 192RBS. But it lacks any 12 volt connections. Has anyone added a wall-plate type 12v outlet? If so, where? I plan to put one near the light over the sink, but now I'm not sure if the wiring space has enough room for the plug.
TechiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:44 AM   #2
Site Team

Some RV's have a 12 volt outlet incorporated into or near the antenna booster. The one on my Flagstaff is inside a cabinet by the television and you really have to look for it to find it. It's brown and matches the cabinet color. I had to use a flashlight to see it, and it was near the top.

Here is a thread where I added a 12 volt outlet in my RV, that may give you ideas for yours.

Hope it helps.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...era-41237.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:12 AM   #3

My 12v for the TV was impossible to find! Then, there is a little push button switch to activate it. It is mounted to the bottom of a shelf. I picked up an inverter to power our std 120v TV. I will add another 12v outlet near the kitchen counter to accommodate the inverter for the coffee maker.

2016 Chapparal Lite 29MKS
2010 F-250 6.4L Diesel
MurphyIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:45 AM   #4

Ours is in the bedroom on the left hand side of the bed beside the window.

Marty
Old 07-21-2016, 07:08 AM   #5

Thanks, wmtire, Murphy, and Mart. My Freedom Express 192RBS came with no 12 volt outlets at all. I did manage to tap into the wiring behind the radio/CD/DVD player for a quick connect. But the wires are tiny, and I don't want to use that long term. I mostly want a good connection for my Fan-tastic 12 volt fan. I was able to find good wiring by pulling out the light over the sink. But before I cut a hole next to that light for the 12 v outlet, I would like to be sure the hollow space where the wires are will accommodate the plug. Measurements are close. Has anyone else done this?

Tags
electrical