Old 09-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
Anchoring to floor in storage compartment

I have a cabinet I need to secure in the storage compartment in my Brookstone 340Ls. Should I go through the wall to the front battery and genset area or through the floor? The location is such that I should??? miss all lines of any type in either location. The advantage to the front wall is I have access to both sides where as with the floor I don't know if I could see the back side even with removing the underbelly panels. Are the walls made with wood studs where my locator would read them or are they metal studs?

2013 Brookstone 340LS Ruby
2014 Dodge 3500 Diesel
Chunkychuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
I would bolt it to the wall, it would be a royal pain to run a screw in to some unseen wires.

I think Coachman's have aluminum wall studs

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
daydreaming about camping
the floor is going to plywood, probably in the 1/2 inch range. Short wood screws would get a good bite, depending on what you want to anchor. If your plan was to through bolt, then I suggest the front wall as you are correct, it would be harder to get to them underneeth.,

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote