Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2016, 09:24 AM   #1

Any Brookstone 365 bh owners here?

Checking the Coachmen website did not see it, but I saw a RV dealer selling two of them and had pics of floorplans. ( includes bunk room and another half bath, two exits).
Just wondered why it wasn't on the Coachmen site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Larry Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:53 AM   #2

Several reasons:

1) For 2017 model year, its not made anymore.

2) Coachmen for years has not had a coherent plan for the Brookstone.

3) Coachmen does a lousy job with their websites (at least for Brookstone).

We were at the Coachmen Service and Seminar Rally and I put to the 5th wheel manager "Where do you see the Brookstone product line in comparison to other luxury lines of its class, such as the Pinnacle, Montana, etc". Basically said Brookstone was not competing with that class anymore and was a step up from the Chaparral in amenities.

He also said in response to my question about the poor website for the Brookstone that they had taken the website back to the company from an outside firm. Haven't noticed any improvement.

You could tell that they are all about the Chaparral, as the Chaparral had surpassed all other Forest River 5th wheel lines in sales and I think they will kill off the Brookstone before too long, unless there is a change in mindset.
wingedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 12:37 PM   #3

Any Brookstone 365 bh owners here?

So is the Brookstone a well made fifth wheel? Or not so much now that they were phasing it out? And do you think you can get some great deals on a model they are no longer making( phasing out) or would you be worried about future lack of support for that model? I do like the floor plan. But from what I gather you said they can't compete with the best high end manufacturers and work now for more sales on a more moderate fifth wheel line( Chapparel)
Larry Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 12:51 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

They could be phasing that model out. I know Blueridge had a similar model and noticed it was removed from the lineup. A model that is similar would be the Sierra 381RBOK, which actually has 2 full baths and 5 slides.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
So is the Brookstone a well made fifth wheel? Or not so much now that they were phasing it out? And do you think you can get some great deals on a model they are no longer making( phasing out) or would you be worried about future lack of support for that model? I do like the floor plan. But from what I gather you said they can't compete with the best high end manufacturers and and work now for more sales on a more moderate fifth wheel line( Chapparel).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the current Brookstones are made as well as any other Coachmen product. They are made on the same line as the Chapparal's and thus have the same workers and similar materials.

You can certainly get better deals on left over models. We bought our '11 in November of 2011 and paid 58% of MSRP. At that time, looking a several makes from different manufacturers and from half a dozen or more dealers, we found then current year makes to be uniformly at 65% of MSRP and left over models in the 60% of MSRP (40% off MSRP). But that was nearly 5 years ago. We have not shopped since. And Michigan seems to be a good place to get good prices.

Our 354TS was only available (IIRC) through the 2012 model year. We have had no problems with support for it. All the current Brookstones will have virtually the same sub-contracted parts (stove, fridge, etc) and use the same color interiors on all the models. You will not have a problem getting support just because your particular model is no longer made.

Didn't mean to insinuate that they cannot compete with other makes in its class (Montana, etc). What they said is that they are not trying to compete. Which ties in what what I said that they do not have a coherent plan for the Brookstone. You would be hard pressed to find another trailer in this price range that isn't competing against someone.

Reminds me that they also were toting that the Brookstone was several thousand dollars cheaper now than the Montana's, etc. They are trying to reach a segment that looks at a Montana, sees the price, then the dealer says, look at this Brookstone for a cheaper price. Take that as you will.

Now if you find a Brookstone that you feel is just as nice as those other makes, then to you, it does complete. Hasaa! That is just not what they are "trying" to do. Coachmen is definitely putting more effort into pushing the Chapparals, as that is where they think they compete best in the market (against Cougars, etc).
wingedone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, roo