Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2016, 04:17 PM   #1

Any luck getting wiring diagrams from Forest River?

I contacted Forest River to see if I could possibly get a wiring diagram/schematic for my 2017 Freedom Express 192RBS. The response was, "they are not available for public release" but if I had a specific question they would try to answer it.

I asked about adding a 12v outlet, after a week still no reply.

Like another poster I want to add a 12 vdc outlet(s) to my 192. My initial thought was to see if there are any open 12 v circuits on the converter and try to run an outlet from that, keeping it fused separately using the wire gauge and fuse size appropriate for the device I want to use. I also need to see what the max current available is from my converter.

Just wondering if anyone had obtained a wiring diagram from Forest River.

Thanks
Ohio192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:36 PM   #2

I'm looking as well...have a simple question but no reply form FR
Welshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:56 PM   #3

If you just pull the converter out you will see if there is room for another tap,and the rateing tag will tell you what the out put is.The simple truth is that there are no "wireing diagrams" for these units.There are 1000' spools of wire of all differents colors and sizes on a rack that is about 10' x 10' mounted on the wall of the building..They grab the loose ends for what they need and pull them the length of the unit thru either the cieling or floor (depending on the unit being built),then drop them thru the wall cavities and cut them off.Any excess is just drooped down inside the wall,the ends are pulled thru holes in the walls.Sometimes there are extras that are just left in the walls or cielings.I know this because I was there and watched it happen several times in several different plants last week!
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio192 View Post
I contacted Forest River to see if I could possibly get a wiring diagram/schematic for my 2017 Freedom Express 192RBS. The response was, "they are not available for public release" but if I had a specific question they would try to answer it.

I asked about adding a 12v outlet, after a week still no reply.

Like another poster I want to add a 12 vdc outlet(s) to my 192. My initial thought was to see if there are any open 12 v circuits on the converter and try to run an outlet from that, keeping it fused separately using the wire gauge and fuse size appropriate for the device I want to use. I also need to see what the max current available is from my converter.

Just wondering if anyone had obtained a wiring diagram from Forest River.

Thanks
Not familiar with your TT but on mine there is a battery disconnect under the bed. You could tap the output side of the switch, install a fuse, and run the wire wherever you need the outlet.
2005 Victory Vegas
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:06 AM   #5

Wiring diagrams

Thanks for the replies, it's about what I expected after reading more and more posts on the forums about consistency and conforming to specs or standardized building practices.

It's not a big deal, I don't think there is a battery disconnect switch on this particular model (2017 Cooachmen 192RBS) at least I haven't found one yet. After the camping season is over I am going to add a second battery, a disconnect switch and a 12 vdc outlet.

Thanks
Ohio192 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagram, forest river, wiring