Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2018, 11:45 AM   #1

Apex 193bh inquiry for tall people

Hello,

I'm new to this group and have been talking to a dealer over 3 hours away about purchasing a 2019 193bh. My main question is that I'm 6'3" and I noticed the exterior height is only 9'9". Most RVs I have researched are over 10'. I've tried looking at youtube videos but it's hard to tell because I do not know how tall the people are that are reviewing the camper. I do not want to travel 3 hours if my head will hit the AC. Can anyone tell me if there is an issue with taller people in the 193bh?

Thanks in advance for your time!!!
bsmith1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:50 AM   #2

Can the dealer measure the distance between the floor and ac?

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith1982 View Post
Hello,

I'm new to this group and have been talking to a dealer over 3 hours away about purchasing a 2019 193bh. My main question is that I'm 6'3" and I noticed the exterior height is only 9'9". Most RVs I have researched are over 10'. I've tried looking at youtube videos but it's hard to tell because I do not know how tall the people are that are reviewing the camper. I do not want to travel 3 hours if my head will hit the AC. Can anyone tell me if there is an issue with taller people in the 193bh?

I have this exact model. The AC only sticks down maybe two inches from the ceiling.

My brother is 6'4" and he can stand up fully without hitting his head on the ceiling, but it does brush the AC.

So... it's going to be close for you.
kfergiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfergiez View Post
I have this exact model. The AC only sticks down maybe two inches from the ceiling.

My brother is 6'4" and he can stand up fully without hitting his head on the ceiling, but it does brush the AC.

So... it's going to be close for you.
Thanks for the info. Is there decent room for toilet or do knees hit the door?
bsmith1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Is there decent room for toilet or do knees hit the door?
I'm 5'7" and my knees hit the door (you can sit sideways). I rarely use the toilet in the trailer anyway, but it's not really a comfortable place.

That being said, we use this trailer as a hard sided tent. It's not a place where we stay indoors a lot, or entertain in it.

We did have a birthday party for my 7 year old in it and had 4 kids and 6 adults inside and it was plenty roomy. BUT it's not a luxury camper. It's pretty basic with some modern amenities and I love it for that!

If you haven't looked at many trailers, I would make the drive to check it out and look at all the others on the lot as well to see what you like/don't like.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:55 AM   #6
Site Team

People have different ideas of what's important to them and the first thing I do when going in a new RV is go sit on the toilet and stand in the shower. I don't care how the rest of the floorplan is, if I don't fit on the toilet or in the shower comfortably, I ain't buying it.

This is a pretty large purchase, so decide what's important to you and find a unit that fits. You'll regret it if you don't.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
People have different ideas of what's important to them and the first thing I do when going in a new RV is go sit on the toilet and stand in the shower. I don't care how the rest of the floorplan is, if I don't fit on the toilet or in the shower comfortably, I ain't buying it.

This is a pretty large purchase, so decide what's important to you and find a unit that fits. You'll regret it if you don't.
Yep... we're just opposite. I consider the shower and toilet an added bonus.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:37 PM   #8

I'm six feet and have sold both the Apex and Freedom Express. Generally I sold the 257bhs to the taller crowd as they naturally felt more comfortable with added headroom and ducted air. You will be outside way more than inside.
The 193bhs is certainly workable and Apex is second best to Lance only in quality I feel so its only about the ac height overall and your tow vehicle as the 193 is 2000lbs lighter than a model like the 257bhs freedom Express.
If you opt for the Nano think about adding the 2nd propane tank and power jack for a more fully featured unit and perhaps a slidetopper one day. Cheers
Primorver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 03:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Hello,

Hey, I know it's an old post, but I just thought I'd mention that I'm 6'3 and my head barely brushes the AC, but can stand anywhere. The bathroom is a little tight for the sit down business, if you know what I mean.
Kfr1zzle is offline   Reply With Quote