Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2019, 08:38 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerogesin View Post
Regarding the whole tariff, our local dealer used the same strategy back in September on us. We just weren't ready to pull the trigger and I also knew they wouldn't accept our offer.
I finally pulled the trigger and purchased one at the local RV show/expo, and the tariff business hadn't come into affect yet. The sales guy implied that they would as soon as the RV show is over, but... you know. Dealers.

Quote:
I suggest you get the power jack because it's a pain in the ass using the manual one. You have to lower and raise the tongue several times to get the wdh bars on and off.
I did not. This is my first RV so maybe I'll regret this, but I figured the thing's light enough that I could manually crank it in half the time it would take with a power jack. Besides, it's a relatively straightforward install if I ever do decide to upgrade, and then I have time to shop around for a good deal.

Quote:
I've been slowly modding the trailer and hopefully next summer I can make a post of all the mods we've added. So far I've created the over-the-sink cutting board, added bunk ladder, front privacy curtain rod/curtain, command hooks throughout, added suburban cook-top cover, added toilet paper holder and tooth brush holder. I plan to add a high speed rear camera, second battery and possibly a beefy inverter to allow for intermittent microwave use/TV use when boondocking.
Sounds fantastic, I'd be really interested to see that! Let me know when you've posted something. I'm not the most imaginative person, so I often have to see somebody else's brilliant ideas first.
Shanksworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:25 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuman3 View Post
I'm strongly considering upgrading from a popup to this model but am limited to a 2015 Highlander with a class III hitch (5000lbs max and 500 lb tongue weight). Would this vehicle handle this TT? Thank you so much as we are looking to buy soon.
As for the options on the model, I can't find them anywhere online, maybe I'm missing something but any help would be great!
Thanks!
Loaded up, your tongue weight will be 650 or higher. With an aftermarket hitch receiver and a wdh your highlander can manage the weight. You’ll want to install an auxiliary transmission cooler. Depending on the wdh you choose, It’s up to you to determine whether you are comfortable pulling a 25ft trailer behind you, given that a highlander has a relatively short wheelbase.

https://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2015_...Highlander.htm
onVacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:19 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksworthy View Post
I finally pulled the trigger and purchased one at the local RV show/expo, and the tariff business hadn't come into affect yet. The sales guy implied that they would as soon as the RV show is over, but... you know. Dealers.

I did not. This is my first RV so maybe I'll regret this, but I figured the thing's light enough that I could manually crank it in half the time it would take with a power jack. Besides, it's a relatively straightforward install if I ever do decide to upgrade, and then I have time to shop around for a good deal.

Sounds fantastic, I'd be really interested to see that! Let me know when you've posted something. I'm not the most imaginative person, so I often have to see somebody else's brilliant ideas first.
It's been a few months but rv season will be starting soon! We have several trips including one long 3 week trip with several consecutive days of boon docking.
I'm still waiting on having my privacy curtains hemmed and then I will post a picture of the install. I added a battery kill switch to the battery box lid. I will also be adding a second battery. Currently have a small group24 and will be upgrading to dual group27s which should give about 360min of RC. I upgraded to dual 20lb LP set up which was fairly straight forward. I'll be adding my 750w inverter and likely mounting it in the closet or under the bed.

I'd like to add a rear camera as well as a tpms but those expensive items may have to wait a while.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190228_225416.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	198796   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190228_125145.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	414.0 KB
ID:	198797   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190228_125136.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	334.6 KB
ID:	198798  
Gerogesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:10 AM   #44

Be careful with manual cranking these. Have extra pins handy as mine snapped on my first campaign trip. Thankfully a neighbor rigged up a new pin for me. See above posts
Newcamper19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:26 PM   #45

208BHS

Would someone with a 208BHS mind taking a measurement of the dinette table? And what is the length of the dinette between the slide side walls?
Has anyone added shower walls?
Has anyone added a window to the bunk without one?

Thanks!
onVacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:49 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by onVacation View Post
Would someone with a 208BHS mind taking a measurement of the dinette table? And what is the length of the dinette between the slide side walls?
Has anyone added shower walls?
Has anyone added a window to the bunk without one?

Thanks!
I plan to eventually add shower panels but have not been able to yet. The RV is currently in storage and I'm not willing to bring tools and materials to work on it. Next time I'm out there, I will take those measurements for you.

I don't think I'm brave enough to add a window to the top bunk as it is not really all that necessary imo. If I were to however, I would add a window facing the rear since there isn't one.

I've abandoned my plans to run two group 27/31 batteries and will be running two 6v golf cart batteries instead. The golfcarts are more durable and simply last longer, have more amp hours and they fit inside the battery tray perfectly as oppose to two bigger 12v battery boxes.

Some future mods are:
-tpms
-rear camera system
-200watts of roof-mounted solar panels
-equa-flex suspension upgrade
-stronger shackles
-better tires
Old 05-06-2019, 08:47 AM   #47

Anyone notice the outdoor facing speakers are significantly lower volume and bass than the indoor? If you have volume up the indoors is sooo loud and outside is just right.
Newcamper19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:09 AM   #48

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I just picked up our new 208BHS last Saturday. This is our first TT and are looking forward to getting out for the first time.

I am new to the TOWING part of this also and have already ordered a backup camera just to make sure I don’t bump into anything as I am learning to back this thing up.

My question is has anyone installed one on this model trailer? I don’t want to start drilling holes without knowing where do drill.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Mike Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:19 PM   #49

Another n00b

New owner here also, picked up our 208BHS last weekend, and headed out for a first trip over the coming Memorial weekend. We chose the 208 after much deliberation, but the bunk configuration turned out to be ideal for us, with kids aged 10 and 7, and a border collie who will sleep in the basement bunk (on the floor, in the cubby under the lower bunk). My first mod will be to attach a cargo net across the opening, to encourage him to stay put at night rather than joining DW and I on the main bed.

We'll be pulling with an Expedition, which has the HD tow package. When choosing the TT, we were working within the weight limits of a VW Atlas (5000lbs tow capacity, 500lb on the tongue). The ads for the car had it pulling a small airstream, and the TT seemed to be within the total capacity until we looked into tongue weight limits in more detail, and calculated the loaded weight, plus weight of the family etc etc. In the end had to bite the bullet and change the car out, so ended up being a very expensive decision. The Expedition has the pro trailer backup assist though, which was awesome when we brought the TT home for the first time - I've pulled utility trailers a few times, but backing up is still not a strength of mine.

Looking forward to reading more on the forum, and learning from folks on here. Excited for the trip this weekend, but now I'm nervous about the jack pin!

Fingers crossed.
dan200sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:57 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan200sx View Post
New owner here also, picked up our 208BHS last weekend, and headed out for a first trip over the coming Memorial weekend. We chose the 208 after much deliberation, but the bunk configuration turned out to be ideal for us, with kids aged 10 and 7, and a border collie who will sleep in the basement bunk (on the floor, in the cubby under the lower bunk). My first mod will be to attach a cargo net across the opening, to encourage him to stay put at night rather than joining DW and I on the main bed.

We'll be pulling with an Expedition, which has the HD tow package. When choosing the TT, we were working within the weight limits of a VW Atlas (5000lbs tow capacity, 500lb on the tongue). The ads for the car had it pulling a small airstream, and the TT seemed to be within the total capacity until we looked into tongue weight limits in more detail, and calculated the loaded weight, plus weight of the family etc etc. In the end had to bite the bullet and change the car out, so ended up being a very expensive decision. The Expedition has the pro trailer backup assist though, which was awesome when we brought the TT home for the first time - I've pulled utility trailers a few times, but backing up is still not a strength of mine.

Looking forward to reading more on the forum, and learning from folks on here. Excited for the trip this weekend, but now I'm nervous about the jack pin!

Fingers crossed.
Congrats on the purchase! You'll love it. I highly suggest upgrading to a powered jack as it makes hitching and unhitching the wdh much easier.

Your atlas probably could've handled it but you be near your limit every time so the expedition was a good choice.

I'll be taking our trailer home and posting of pictures in the coming weeks.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:01 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Busch View Post
Hello Everyone,

My wife and I just picked up our new 208BHS last Saturday. This is our first TT and are looking forward to getting out for the first time.

I am new to the TOWING part of this also and have already ordered a backup camera just to make sure I don’t bump into anything as I am learning to back this thing up.

My question is has anyone installed one on this model trailer? I don’t want to start drilling holes without knowing where do drill.

Any help would be much appreciated.
I havent purchased one but it's going to be in the works. The previous owner installed a furrion kit so we do have predrilled holes that are plug with plastic plugs. Maybe this can give you an idea. I assume they tapped one of the parking lights beside it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190524_090010.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	205328  
Old 05-27-2019, 10:08 PM   #52

Should be getting our 208BHS soon and was trying to figure out what size TV would fit in there? I know it isn't the idea behind RVing/camping, but still useful on a rainy day and winding down at night, so want to get one in there. I've heard 19"-22" or so, but was wondering if a 24" would go in there and not stick out too badly, at least while parked? Would be nice to get a 24" in there not only for the size, but since the cost difference is pretty negligible and also since I can find the 24" with smart TV functions built-in whereas can only seen to find a basic monitor in 19" so would have to add on something via HDMI to make that useful.

What size and brand/model do you guys have mounted in your 208BHS's?
deusxanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:31 AM   #53

Fantastic

Great little camper. Barely noticed the downsize during the long holiday weekend. We have a week long trip plans for July, that will be the real test!

badercubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:45 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by deusxanime View Post
Should be getting our 208BHS soon and was trying to figure out what size TV would fit in there? I know it isn't the idea behind RVing/camping, but still useful on a rainy day and winding down at night, so want to get one in there. I've heard 19"-22" or so, but was wondering if a 24" would go in there and not stick out too badly, at least while parked? Would be nice to get a 24" in there not only for the size, but since the cost difference is pretty negligible and also since I can find the 24" with smart TV functions built-in whereas can only seen to find a basic monitor in 19" so would have to add on something via HDMI to make that useful.

What size and brand/model do you guys have mounted in your 208BHS's?
We have a 19" but I think a 22" would fit. 24" might be a stretch because the bathroom door may come in contact.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:17 PM   #55

Quote:
We have a 19" but I think a 22" would fit. 24" might be a stretch because the bathroom door may come in contact.
Thanks for the info. I might have to wait until I get the trailer and then cut out some cardboard mockups to see fitment before ultimately deciding.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:30 PM   #56

I forgot to attach a photo for you.

From the wall to the cupboard door is 20.5". So if you find a TV, make sure the width is not more than that
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	15591869330666819834854142105925.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	275.5 KB
ID:	205899  
Old 05-29-2019, 10:36 PM   #57

Here are some pictures of my mods so far.

Still have to finish off the kitchen backsplash and install the 750w inverter. Will likely mount it under the queen bed and get an extension cord.

Later on, I'd like to add a rear observation camera, Goodyear endurance tires, and upgrade the suspension components.

I forgot to mentioned I scrapped the dual 12v battery set up and went with two 6v golf cart batteries from costco. I had to fabricate a new bracket for them as they were too tall for the factory battery tray. I also added a kill switch in a separate box and also wired an 80a breaker for my future inverter.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190529_233045.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	387.4 KB
ID:	205900   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190529_233029.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	341.7 KB
ID:	205901   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190529_154319.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	567.5 KB
ID:	205902   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190529_154303.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	570.5 KB
ID:	205903   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190529_133348.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	412.5 KB
ID:	205904  

Name:	20190529_133339.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	393.3 KB
ID:	205905   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190529_133321.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	205906   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190529_133311.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	277.2 KB
ID:	205907   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190529_233400.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	376.2 KB
ID:	205908   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190529_233452.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	205909  

Old 05-30-2019, 08:40 AM   #58

Quote:
I forgot to attach a photo for you.

From the wall to the cupboard door is 20.5". So if you find a TV, make sure the width is not more than that
Will it just stick out a bit into the "hallway" if bigger than that? Or will it actually block something from working (door opening or something else)?
Old 05-30-2019, 10:01 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by deusxanime View Post
Will it just stick out a bit into the "hallway" if bigger than that? Or will it actually block something from working (door opening or something else)?
Itll block the door from opening. You can get a door stopper to limit the opening and get away with a bigger TV but then it will stick out a bit also on the side. You dont want the TV to touch the side wall. You'll want atleast 1/4 inch to prevent rubbing during transport.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:43 PM   #60

Quote:
Here are some pictures of my mods so far.

Still have to finish off the kitchen backsplash and install the 750w inverter. Will likely mount it under the queen bed and get an extension cord.

Later on, I'd like to add a rear observation camera, Goodyear endurance tires, and upgrade the suspension components.

I forgot to mentioned I scrapped the dual 12v battery set up and went with two 6v golf cart batteries from costco. I had to fabricate a new bracket for them as they were too tall for the factory battery tray. I also added a kill switch in a separate box and also wired an 80a breaker for my future inverter.
Wow, impressive mods! Could you provide links to some of those items? I’m particularly interested in the stove cover and the backsplash tiles.

Also, have you (or anyone here), added USB plugs? I’ve purchased a few to go next to the beds, and it looks like I can tap into the 12v wires for the interior lights — my problem is that I’m not quite sure how to remove the panels without ruining them.

For example, the overhead storage compartment above the queen bed, has flexible “wood” panels on the top and bottom, and I believe that the 12v wiring runs between them. But it’s not obvious which panel can be removed (or even *how* to remove them without breaking anything).
Shanksworthy is offline   Reply With Quote