Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2016, 01:43 PM   #1

Apex 23bhs battery disconnect

Hi there, does anyone know where or if the 2015 apex 23bhs has a battery disconnect switch. I am so tired of my battery being dead

Thanks
Amos2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 02:43 PM   #2

I would venture that if the dealer didn't install one near the battery, there is none. I just bought a Freedom Express this spring, and it does not have one. The dealer told me to disconnect a leg of the battery to prevent it from draining. Instead, I just keep it plugged in all the time so it's always full and I don't have to reconnect it every time.
jason_sos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 03:08 PM   #3
Site Team

I have yet to see any Apex TT with a factory installed battery disconnect switch.

Not sure why you've continued to put up with a dead battery when it's easily solved by either installing a switch or keep the trailer plugged in.

Allowing the battery to be depleted over and over, will permanently kill the battery.

My disconnect switch cost $6 from Walmart. Took about 15 minutes to install.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:19 PM   #4

Lol it took a few times last summer to realize that there was always a draw on the battery. Before we dewinterize the trailer and put the battery in I will definitely be installing a disconnect. Thanks
Amos2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:37 PM   #5

No battery disconnect

I bought an APEC 215, brought it home and by the time I went to hook anything up the battery was dead. I did lots of research and decided to follow the path of another camper with no factory disconnect. I purchased this switch

Amazon.com: Marinco 701 Battery Disconnect Switch: Automotive

to control power to the trailer. I will also install this switch

http://www.amazon.com/Volt-Battery-D...ilpage_o00_s00

for the powered tongue hitch. This will allow easy install of existing wiring without having cut wires since the powered tongue jack is presently connected directly to the battery. You can also take the key with you and not have someone accidentally switch on your tongue jack. Google search travel trailer battery disconnect and you'll find lots of description, videos, etc.

Jeff
jwfrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:50 PM   #6

I just picked up one of these myself, haven't gotten out to the trailer yet to see about mounting it.

Mini Master Battery Disconnect Switch | Princess Auto

I may just surface mount it to the lid of the battery box but I'm not sure on the clearance underneath the lid yet.

Tags
battery, battery disconnect