Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2018, 08:20 PM   #1

Apex Nano 189RBS

I think we have found our trailer after months of looking and getting advice here in the forums. Hopefully finalizing the deal tomorrow. Apex Nano 189RBS, with Summer Package, Comfort Package, and 13.5 AC and spare tire/carrier. Will be a good layout for just me, the wife, and the dog.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:32 AM   #2

Looking forward to hearing the pros and cons. We are also looking at an Apex 215rb
tatercreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatercreek View Post
Looking forward to hearing the pros and cons. We are also looking at an Apex 215rb
Lots of differing factors lead us to choose this model, but some of the things I liked that goes across all Apex's are the larger holding tanks for smaller units, and of course the Azdel material.

As for our model specifically, it was the layout we wanted. We liked the Freedom Express 192RBS, but being our first time towing, we wanted to go smaller, but still keep this layout with the walk around bed. The 189RBS fit perfectly. We love that even with the slide in, there is still a lot of floor space for our dog to play and stretch out. Honestly, I think with this layout, they could ditch the slide, save some weight and some costs and it would still sell.

Wife really likes their new 2018 interior color Shale. It looks like fabric, but it's kind of a slicky leather texture, so you can easily clean it with a damp cloth.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:24 PM   #4

just picked up the apex nano 189 rbs and love it
fjm7778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjm7778 View Post
Hey Welcome to the forum! Keep us updated!

BTW, Our local dealer gas some Apex Nanos in stock and I must say I'm very impressed with what Coachmen has put in them!
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:15 AM   #6

We pick it up Friday....guess we will camp in the yard this weekend trying it out. Haven't camped in the back yard since I was a kid LOL
Old 03-13-2018, 10:31 AM   #7

We just bought the Apex Nano 193BHS.

We are so impressed with how they built this trailer. They've got full size amenities in a tiny package, and it's well-built to boot. Of course they have the little things that may need some fixing here and there like EVERY trailer, but overall, I'm VERY pleased.
kfergiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjm7778 View Post
the only thing I'm not pleased with i believe it should come with three steps not two which I'm adding
fjm7778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:29 PM   #9

I've been looking at the 189 RBS and the 213 RDS. I'm leaning toward the second as its dry weight is still under 4k, which is what I'm aiming for, and it has everything. It also has a tandem axle, that gives me a little more peace of mind.

I haven't found many reviews on either except for dealer videos.
tenadols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenadols View Post
I've been looking at the 189 RBS and the 213 RDS. I'm leaning toward the second as its dry weight is still under 4k, which is what I'm aiming for, and it has everything. It also has a tandem axle, that gives me a little more peace of mind.

I haven't found many reviews on either except for dealer videos.
Here's a nice walk-thru video by "Josh the RV Nerd"....

Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:13 PM   #11

Thanks, I've watched that one and all the others on YouTube. I was hoping for a review from an owner.
tenadols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenadols View Post
Thanks, I've watched that one and all the others on YouTube. I was hoping for a review from an owner.
I'm looking at buying an Apex 191RBS. Wondering if you've picked yours up yet and how you like it?
svanarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by svanarts View Post
I'm looking at buying an Apex 191RBS. Wondering if you've picked yours up yet and how you like it?
We got our 191 RBS (Sumit Package) in the spring and we absolutely love it. The dinette slide out makes a huge difference to the internal space of the trailer. It is just myself, the wife & the dog so it is perfect for us. We love the large fridge & freezer and the sheer amount of storage especially in the rear bathroom. It has a decent size power awning and cool blue LED lighting, plus it looks sharp too We put our rig on a CAT scale recently and it was a little over 4,100 lbs (minus the food we typically take) so we have lots of capacity. The GVWR is 4,700 lbs. Our tow vehicle is a F150 5.0 XLT with Max tow & Max Payload package with a 3.73 rear axle. I barely know the trailer is there lol.

We looked at lots of different trailers before making our decision but the Apex Nano really stood out in terms of build quality & features.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180813_192606.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	463.8 KB
ID:	183213   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180813_192617 - Copy.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	485.9 KB
ID:	183214  
Richdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:14 AM   #14

New to this forum. We are seriously considering the 189RBS. I think I've seen all the videos but would really appreciate some insight from an actual owner instead of someone trying to sell me one. TIA
CPC659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPC659 View Post
New to this forum. We are seriously considering the 189RBS. I think I've seen all the videos but would really appreciate some insight from an actual owner instead of someone trying to sell me one. TIA
I have the 193BHS. It's the EXACT same trailer except we've got bunk beds back by the bathroom.

What would you like to know?
Old 11-09-2018, 05:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfergiez View Post
I have the 193BHS. It's the EXACT same trailer except we've got bunk beds back by the bathroom.

What would you like to know?

How long have you had it now? Any unexpected difficulties? I know these smaller trailers sometimes have nuisance issues, such as cabinet trim coming loose/drawer hinges coming loose, etc. But have you had any significant problems? Plumbing, electrical, leaks, etc.? Or are there any design issues? Maybe they need a bigger fan, issues with the heat or AC? Difficulty with the slide? We love the design and the layout. It's exactly what we want in that respect. And we understand that there are no "perfect" trailers, but I would like to know what to anticipate maybe...if that makes sense. Thanks again
Old 11-09-2018, 07:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPC659 View Post
How long have you had it now?
1.5 years... about 7,000 miles. We've driven with this trailer A LOT in that time span.

Any unexpected difficulties?
Not really. I had a water connector come loose on the back of the toilet, and a drain pipe under the sink. I just tightened them back up and that was that.

I know these smaller trailers sometimes have nuisance issues, such as cabinet trim coming loose/drawer hinges coming loose, etc. But have you had any significant problems? Plumbing, electrical, leaks, etc.? Or are there any design issues? Maybe they need a bigger fan, issues with the heat or AC? Difficulty with the slide?
We've had nothing major. We've driven from the PNW to California, then took back home to Montana, then we just camp every other weekend during the summer.
Nuisances were primarily how the shower connects to the bathroom faucet, which I think they've addressed. I actually modified ours to have a bath spout with a shower outlet. I installed an outdoor shower.
I HATED the blue lights they put outside. I installed new lights that can change color.

Primarily, any little thing that I had an issues with I just made it the way I wanted it. There are some tiny trim pieces that bowed out that I nailed down... That's annoying.

All in all, it's designed well. You just have to accept that they are cheaply built. And of all the others that we looked at, the Apex do have superior build quality.

We love the design and the layout. It's exactly what we want in that respect. And we understand that there are no "perfect" trailers, but I would like to know what to anticipate maybe...if that makes sense. Thanks again

Hope that helps.
-Kyle
Old 11-09-2018, 08:36 PM   #18

Thank you for the prompt and thorough response! Much appreciated