Old 09-22-2019, 11:41 AM   #1

Apex Nano 193BHS measurements

Could an existing owner of a 193BHS gather some measurements for me please? I'm considering an Andersen WDH, and need the following to determine which model is needed:

1. With trailer level, ground to bottom of coupler
2. Vertical width of the trailer frame (should be ~4" I would guess)
3. With trailer level, ground to the top of the trailer frame

Alternatively, if anyone pulls their 193BHS with a Jeep Grand Cherokee and uses an Andersen...which model do you use?

Thank you!

HotBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:56 AM   #2

For the future, anyone looking for the same info...

Vertical frame height: 4 "
With the trailer level, height from ground to bottom of coupler 21 1/4"
With the trailer level, height from ground to top of frame: 25 1/4"

I calculated out that I need the Andersen 3380 for my 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Apex Nano.

Old 09-24-2019, 03:33 PM   #3

Hey OP. I was going to get that measurement for you when I headed to the storage place on Thursday. Glad you found it.

In regards to the Andersen hitch, I think a 3324 model will work better for you.The 3380 has a 2 5/16" ball and you you'll need a 2" ball for that trailer. Plus, I think a 8" drop/rise may be a little much for your GC. The 3324 model has a 2" ball and a 4" drop/rise. It's the same model I had used on my previous trailer. Can't say that I liked the Andersen better than the Reese strait line dc that I have now, but it did the job. It is much lighter than a traditional wd hitch. Hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Blurryace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 10:12 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply. I picked it up on Friday and (while it took awhile on a slight hill) setting up the Andersen wasn't too tough for a noob. Had the trailer level with only one adjustment. My dealer told me it's a 2 5/16 ball and I didn't seem to have a prob towing it home. I also needed the 8" rise as I have the ball at the top position.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotBacon View Post
Thanks for the reply. I picked it up on Friday and (while it took awhile on a slight hill) setting up the Andersen wasn't too tough for a noob. Had the trailer level with only one adjustment. My dealer told me it's a 2 5/16 ball and I didn't seem to have a prob towing it home. I also needed the 8" rise as I have the ball at the top position.
I also picked up the 3380 for my 193BHS, I'm using it on a 2020 Hyundai Palisade, where the top of the hitch receiver is about 11" from the ground. the 3380 with the 11" riser is just about high enough to come to the bottom of the coupler which is at the 21 1/4" height mentioned earlier. It's a great WD/No sway hitch, and I love the fact that it's only 58 pounds, which helps out in my situation.
mikeg112 is offline   Reply With Quote