Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2019, 10:56 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGriff View Post
My 1st camping trip with my new 203rbk
Love it! Nice.
Shanksworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:48 PM   #42

Just ordered our first camper, the 208BHS of course, this past week. They didn't have the inside color combo we wanted on the lot, so getting a new 2020 allocation fresh from the factory in the next few weeks. Basically the Summit package with all the upgrades (13.5K A/C, murphy bed, etc.). We'll be towing with a 2019 Tacoma DCSB V6 6MT 4x4. We were debating between this and the 245BHS, but decided to not push the tow limits too much on the truck and stick with a little smaller size. I've towed trailers before but not a TT, so will be a new experience. Got an E2 WDH with setup included as well. Can't wait to get started! Any suggestions on what we need right away - to add to the camper or otherwise?

I got them to match another dealer and add the aluminum wheels and will also be having them upgrade to a power jack and put in a TV mount. Recommendation for a good TV that fits the space and holds up well to RV life? The dealer will put in whatever I give them when they add the mount - they recommended a 20-22" size but didn't give me specific dimensions. Also should be getting a sink cover for extra counter space and a bunk ladder since the kids are still pretty young and can't quite get up there to the top bunk without one.

Since this is our first camper, was thinking a backup/observation camera would be nice to ease backing in to spots and changing lanes, etc on the road. Unfortunately it's not pre-wired on the camper like a 245BHS, but are they pretty easy to add? Or maybe that is something I should have the dealer do? I saw elsewhere on the forum that this Furrion is a pretty good camera for that purpose, what are your thoughts?

Any other thoughts or ideas you have for this specific model or in general are appreciated. Thanks!
deusxanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:39 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by deusxanime View Post
Just ordered our first camper, the 208BHS of course, this past week. They didn't have the inside color combo we wanted on the lot, so getting a new 2020 allocation fresh from the factory in the next few weeks. Basically the Summit package with all the upgrades (13.5K A/C, murphy bed, etc.). We'll be towing with a 2019 Tacoma DCSB V6 6MT 4x4. We were debating between this and the 245BHS, but decided to not push the tow limits too much on the truck and stick with a little smaller size. I've towed trailers before but not a TT, so will be a new experience. Got an E2 WDH with setup included as well. Can't wait to get started! Any suggestions on what we need right away - to add to the camper or otherwise?

I got them to match another dealer and add the aluminum wheels and will also be having them upgrade to a power jack and put in a TV mount. Recommendation for a good TV that fits the space and holds up well to RV life? The dealer will put in whatever I give them when they add the mount - they recommended a 20-22" size but didn't give me specific dimensions. Also should be getting a sink cover for extra counter space and a bunk ladder since the kids are still pretty young and can't quite get up there to the top bunk without one.

Since this is our first camper, was thinking a backup/observation camera would be nice to ease backing in to spots and changing lanes, etc on the road. Unfortunately it's not pre-wired on the camper like a 245BHS, but are they pretty easy to add? Or maybe that is something I should have the dealer do? I saw elsewhere on the forum that this Furrion is a pretty good camera for that purpose, what are your thoughts?

Any other thoughts or ideas you have for this specific model or in general are appreciated. Thanks!
Good thought on not going bigger with the Tacoma. I drive a similar class truck (GMC Canyon) with a higher payload and towing rating and I wouldn't want any larger.

Since it seems you new to towing things that block your view, the rear camera would be great for changing lanes. When backing up, I highly suggest getting in and out of your vehicle numerous times when you first start out to see how your movements matter. Sounds crazy and annoying, but it really does help. I've been doing it for a while and with all different size setups and I still like to get out and visualize what I am doing.

My upgrades were pretty standard things, but all useful...

Dual 30lb Propane Tanks - Great for boondocking
Second battery - Boondocking again
FRP wall panels (Lowe's) - Made a shower surround since there were no wall panels.
Horizontal Handle - Screen doors never have good handles!
Main Door Strap - Prevent the wind from ripping it open
Vent Covers for the roof vents - So they could be wide open regardless of weather

I was able to store about 80% of the items I had in my larger camper outside storage in the front compartment on the much smaller camper, so that was great. I actually just got rid of things I didn't really need but carried anyways. I was also very happy with how much I was able to store inside as there seems like there is considerably less space than my old trailer.

We had our first trip this past weekend. Towed great and we had a great time. As for the downsizing, It was a little odd playing cards with the kids sleeping so close, but they stayed sleeping and we had fun.

badercubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:43 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by badercubed View Post
Good thought on not going bigger with the Tacoma. I drive a similar class truck (GMC Canyon) with a higher payload and towing rating and I wouldn't want any larger.

Since it seems you new to towing things that block your view, the rear camera would be great for changing lanes. When backing up, I highly suggest getting in and out of your vehicle numerous times when you first start out to see how your movements matter. Sounds crazy and annoying, but it really does help. I've been doing it for a while and with all different size setups and I still like to get out and visualize what I am doing.

My upgrades were pretty standard things, but all useful...

Dual 30lb Propane Tanks - Great for boondocking
Second battery - Boondocking again
FRP wall panels (Lowe's) - Made a shower surround since there were no wall panels.
Horizontal Handle - Screen doors never have good handles!
Main Door Strap - Prevent the wind from ripping it open
Vent Covers for the roof vents - So they could be wide open regardless of weather

I was able to store about 80% of the items I had in my larger camper outside storage in the front compartment on the much smaller camper, so that was great. I actually just got rid of things I didn't really need but carried anyways. I was also very happy with how much I was able to store inside as there seems like there is considerably less space than my old trailer.

We had our first trip this past weekend. Towed great and we had a great time. As for the downsizing, It was a little odd playing cards with the kids sleeping so close, but they stayed sleeping and we had fun.

Thanks for the info - that setup looks great! I know it isn't a very good metric, but aesthetically speaking that size camper seems to go well with a mid-size truck and I think that bears out in how it will tow.

Going to just start with full hookup sites until we get into the swing of things, but definitely already figuring eventually we'll want to be more flexible for boondocking and such. Is there a kit or how did you do the dual propane setup? I'm not a huge DIY'er, but if isn't too bad (just bolting on a new bracket/holder for them), I'll probably try myself and save a bit from paying a dealer to do it. Same with the dual battery, though I think the space is already there for that, so adding another hopefully is pretty straight-forward.

The shower walls were also a concern and was one of the things I was coveting on the 245BHS, which has a full surround for the shower. Did you follow a guide/tutorial/YT video on how you installed the FRP walls on that? Again, something I think I'd like to add eventually or sooner, but not wanting to pay a ton to a dealer to do it for me if the job is pretty straight-forward.

Thanks again for your thoughts and info!
Old 05-15-2019, 09:14 AM   #45

Do you have any photos of the shower walls you installed? Wondering how it meets the seams of the tub.

Thanks!
Twisterbret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:59 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisterbret View Post
Do you have any photos of the shower walls you installed? Wondering how it meets the seams of the tub.

Thanks!
I can take some photos, but it was pretty easy.

I bought the corner and end trim pieces, cut the flat panels and glued them on the walls. The bottom were butted up to the tub and caulked. I actually did the same thing at a few rental properties that had crappy old tile and I didn't want to tear into it.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:21 PM   #47

New owner here also, subscribing to the thread to hear how others are getting on. Love the TT so far, and looking forward to our first trip in it this weekend.
dan200sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:57 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan200sx View Post
New owner here also, subscribing to the thread to hear how others are getting on. Love the TT so far, and looking forward to our first trip in it this weekend.
Congrats !!!! You will have a lot of fun.
JGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:23 PM   #49

We took our 208BHS out for the first time last weekend, and we had a great time. The Durango pulled effortlessly over a lot of hilly terrain, and although it was my first time towing, I was soon able to relax and enjoy the ride. There was a bit more “waggle” than I’d have liked, but it was windy, we were a bit overloaded, and the dealership had done a subpar job at dialing in our WDH. We’ve since redistributed some weight and will adjust the WDH for the next time.

It was rainy and relatively cold at the campsite (even snowing at times) and the park’s plumbing was unexpectedly disabled for the remainder of the month due to freezing. So we had to re-hitch and find a source of fresh water. Luckily we found a water source at another campsite nearby, so we filled up and headed back to the campsite.

Since we had to rely heavily on most of the Nano’s dry-camping facilities, we really got to test her out (everything except for the AC and city water connection, that is). It ended up being fine! Everything on the 208BHS worked reliably, and we stayed cozy and warm. The only issue we discovered was that a 30 Gal tank runs out or fills up relatively quickly! Luckily we brought an extra 5 gal potable water jug, which got us the rest of the way. As soon as I got back, I immediately bought an Oxygenics shower head.

We’ve taken it to the dealership to get some minor fit-and-finish issues addressed, but really looking forward to the next outing.

BTW, anyone else tried this? https://www.amazon.com/LevelMatePRO-.../dp/B01FGGSWPW
It worked flawlessly, and in combination with the Andersen levelers it was a zero-frustration experience.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:11 PM   #50

TV Install

Saw someone asking about the TV size for install. Just wanted to let you know I installed a 19 inch with a multi angle mount I bought on Amazon for $20. I wouldn't go much bigger than that as it sits flush with the side wall. Does not interfere with the cupboard or bathroom doors.

Been using the trailer for about a month now. We love it and couldn't be happier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190523_173248.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	206318   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190523_185940.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	206319  
Envtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 05:11 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envtech View Post
Saw someone asking about the TV size for install. Just wanted to let you know I installed a 19 inch with a multi angle mount I bought on Amazon for $20. I wouldn't go much bigger than that as it sits flush with the side wall. Does not interfere with the cupboard or bathroom doors.

Been using the trailer for about a month now. We love it and couldn't be happier.
That was me. Thanks for the info and follow-up!

I did find an Element 19" 720p HDTV on clearance at Walmart for $49, so I grabbed it and will use that to start with. I'll put an old Chromecast on it and that should hopefully suffice. The plan isn't to use it a whole lot anyway!

In other news, finally got the call that our trailer will be in on Wednesday and then they'll do the pre-delivery inspection and couple add-ons we asked for (including TV mounting). If no major issues found we'll hopefully have it by this weekend!
Old 06-17-2019, 11:49 AM   #52

Water Tank

Hello, I purchased a new Apex 208BH last month. We have been outfitting it for the last few weeks and are finaly ready to take it out for a weekend trip.

As I was going over everything yesterday I realized that I cant figure out how to put water in the fresh water tank. I dont plan on filling the tank but I would like to know how if I ever go someplace that may not habe a wter hook up.
Mike Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:03 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Busch View Post
Hello, I purchased a new Apex 208BH last month. We have been outfitting it for the last few weeks and are finaly ready to take it out for a weekend trip.

As I was going over everything yesterday I realized that I cant figure out how to put water in the fresh water tank. I dont plan on filling the tank but I would like to know how if I ever go someplace that may not habe a wter hook up.
Its just a cap you remove and fill it with potable water via hose or water can.
Its located on the front left just under the frameless window.
Gerogesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:21 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Busch View Post

If you’re facing the drivers side of the trailer: closer to the front, you’ll see the fresh water intake, with a round cap. You’ll also see 2 similar looking ones towards the rear, side-by-side: those are the city water intake, and the black tank flush. You can screw a hose into those 2 because they’re threaded. The fresh water intake OTOH, is not threaded and has a larger opening, so you can insert a hose end. With the hose inserted (preferably one specifically designed for fresh water, usually white) turn on the water spigot and fill it until it overflows. Then cap it, and you should be good!

Notes:

- Don’t be alarmed if you see a bit of water splashing/dripping out of the fresh water intake while you drive. That should stop eventually.
- Underneath the RV, around the same longitudinal coordinate of the fresh water intake, you should see a bit of hose hanging down; That’s the fresh water drain. You’ll need to make sure that’s capped, as the dealership often leaves it open to drain.
- if you’ve never used your fresh water tank before, and especially if the dealership has previously winterized it with pink fluid, you should rinse and sanitize it before your first use. YouTube has plenty of fresh water sanitizing how-to videos.
- A full fresh water tank adds a lot of weight! Make sure you have the allowance, and your WDH is dialed in appropriately,. On our first camping trip, the campsite had an unscheduled water shutoff so we had to locate another campsite and stop there for a fill up. It changed the driving dynamics substantially. It wasn’t too bad and it actually reduced sway (because the tank is located in the front) but I was nervous. So we drove a little slower and thankfully didn’t have to travel that far, and everything was ok. I’ve since dialed in our WDH settings, and I no longer have any fear transporting water, but I still take it slower.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:11 PM   #55

Oh and to add to my notes above:

- When using the fresh water tank, you will also need to turn on the pump. The switch is located in the washroom. Make sure your fresh water tank contains water before running the pump, because running it dry can burn it out.

- Conversely, if you’re using the city water connection instead of the fresh water tank, you should NOT run the pump, since that would essentially be running it dry. The city water path circumvents the pump, as it has more than enough pressure on its own (which I once found out the hard way when I hooked up my hose without a pressure regulator).
Old 06-25-2019, 12:14 AM   #56

2020 Apex 208BHS

Hello Everyone,
I just brought home my new trailer yesterday and when i got home i noticed there was a white wire by the battery box that was not connected to anything.
My question is where should it be connected? My dealer hooked up the battery with the black to the negative, the red to the positive and there is an orange or red wire that is connected to the white that goes to the positive. Is the white wire a ground wire possibly or could it have something to do with the solar on the side that my trailer is equipped with? i do not want to hook it to the negative terminal until i know for sure. Any help is appreciated

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190624_181645.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	480.7 KB
ID:	208189  
Mattyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:54 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyg View Post
Hello Everyone,
I just brought home my new trailer yesterday and when i got home i noticed there was a white wire by the battery box that was not connected to anything.
My question is where should it be connected? My dealer hooked up the battery with the black to the negative, the red to the positive and there is an orange or red wire that is connected to the white that goes to the positive. Is the white wire a ground wire possibly or could it have something to do with the solar on the side that my trailer is equipped with? i do not want to hook it to the negative terminal until i know for sure. Any help is appreciated

Matt
That is indeed for solar. You can connect it to the negative terminal. There’s no need to connect it now if you aren’t using solar yet, but no harm in connecting it either (one less thing to do later).
Old 06-25-2019, 04:41 PM   #58

Tools

For people that have worked on their 208BHS's and other Apexes - are most of the things that need to be worked on standard or metric? Been outfitting mine and I was thinking of picking up a cheap toolkit to keep in there for emergency repairs and hoping I can just stick to one or the other. Any recommendations on what other standard tools I would need to work on things that would be must haves? Sockets, adjustable wrenches, screwdrivers, etc etc?
Old 06-25-2019, 05:04 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by deusxanime View Post
For people that have worked on their 208BHS's and other Apexes - are most of the things that need to be worked on standard or metric? Been outfitting mine and I was thinking of picking up a cheap toolkit to keep in there for emergency repairs and hoping I can just stick to one or the other. Any recommendations on what other standard tools I would need to work on things that would be must haves? Sockets, adjustable wrenches, screwdrivers, etc etc?
I went and got a kit that has both stnd and metric. It has sockets, wrenches,multi screwdriver. It goes from wheel lug size down.
Got it from Amazon and it's like a suitcase.
JGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:16 PM   #60

I haven't found anything I couldn't do without a Cresent wrench. That being said, I always carry a socket set in my baby truck. I have a tool bag (hammer, screw drivers, pliers, etc) that I throw in when I camp as well.